Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you dislike, Linkin park, Evenescence and the darkness for the wrong reasons?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by carl carlson
    Linkin park incorporate a dj, a piano, guitar and bass, a futuristic style rhythm section, a singer who is largely melodic contrasting with a rapper. This combined with some awesome producers, i believe is adventurous.

Oh please! When Faith No More used keyboards, it was something original. And when Mike Patton was using bother Melodic vocals, and rapping in a metal band, it was adventurous.

Right now, it's nothing but the same old rehashed, cliche'd, tried and tested method we've had ever since, and if you honestly beleive that Linkin Park are being original or adventurous, then you really are just beleiving the hype the record companies are spewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

If you like the music/fashion then thats all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I picked the second option.

Im 14 Ive been listening to rock music since I was in 4th class.
    I feel the darkness have good talent but they can choose to go the goood way or come over to the darkside with such bands as ACDC because thats the way they will go if they let their music guide them.It is a good way to go they could be Gods of the pop charts or on the other hand have disciples on the darkside.

Linkin park,uhh I really hate them.Their music is in nearly every household(definatly not mine anyway) because they are a fusion of rap and metal ehich are two popular types of music in the US.So therefore if kids in the US are buying this **** kids in Ireland will buy it to be like them.

Evenesence(sp?)
    I dont like these as much as the other two.They have talent but it is turning into another form of fusion between metal and rap but this time its a pop fusion.

Kids are brainwashed into buying these bands album because of promoters on Tv,radio and newspaper/magazines.They see ads everywhere so they think I ought to listen to them to be cool.

But for me it is about not following the shepard I find my own path to the grazing site.I pick something up,buy it,listen to it get into it wether or not everybody else listens to it.
    For instance,I listen to children of bodom,meshuggah,death,testament,carcass,dimmu borgir,slayer,pantera,Kreator,Motorhead to name a few and most of these bands may not be popular but I listen to them because I like it.Several people including UnrealQueen have stated they like Linkin Park,I dont really have a problem with that because I know she listens to it because she likes it.But not because she wants to be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I don't see why liking a band for their music has more value than liking them for their style fashion. Equally just because a band is popular doesn't mean the're bad or of less value than a band that isn't popular.

Also whats popular in another country doesn't always travel in another country. Which is why so many bands find it hard to be successful outside their own country. So I don't see that it follows that because someone s popular in one country that they will be popular in another. Take Thin Lizzy, Robbie Williams or Oasis. They never really made it in the States at all. Whereas a band like depeche mode were huge in the States. Ozzy Ozbourne was huge in the states on his own after Sabbath whereas he wasn't that popular over here in Ireland at all.

Advertisement