Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6600 when is it out

Options
  • 03-03-2004 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Nokia 6600 when is it out....and more importantly when will vodafone have it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I have one a few months now. I got it on Ebay for Eur370 brand new. I don't know when vodafone will have them but I think you can get them sim free in carphone warehouse for over 500. Your best bet is the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

M Phone nokia 6600

I have ordered from mphone before and they are always and time and efficient,cheaper than buying in ireland too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I have one a few months now. I got it on Ebay for Eur370 brand new. I don't know when vodafone will have them but I think you can get them sim free in carphone warehouse for over 500. Your best bet is the net.

Cool, what ya think of it? Recommend it?

And disadvantages?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I've had one for a few months too and I think it's great anyway... My one small moan would be that MMS isn't working on it but that's due to Vodafone not being upgraded to WAP 2.0, which hopefully will happen before I grow any more grey hairs... Overall though a very good phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Does anyone know when the hell vodafone and O2 will finnaly support WAP 2.0 phone's?

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am hearing that the Nokia 6600 will not be released till the end of April, start of May now. The P900 has been pushed back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Come on Vodafone get yer ass in gear

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i know this might be a stupid question but will this come out on pay as you go??/

i hope not cos then it will come a mainstream phone like the 3210 3310 3510/i etc

Doubt it as i see it as the replacment to the likes of the 6310 ...... higher class multimedia phone etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    I am hearing that the Nokia 6600 will not be released till the end of April, start of May now. The P900 has been pushed back too.

Bloody hell! The mind boggles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    i know this might be a stupid question but will this come out on pay as you go??/

i hope not cos then it will come a mainstream phone like the 3210 3310 3510/i etc

OH THE HORROR, IMAGINE NOT HAVING A PHONE THATS AS INDIVIDUAL AS YOU ARE

/me rolls eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

I have had mine since a couple of months ago, bought it simfree from the uk... would have to say that is by far the best fone i have ever had, i had the 7650 before i got this fone, and thought that functionability of it was very good. But the 6600 is super have a 256mb mmc card in it and have all the ngage games on it along with a few movies and plenty of apps,,,,

this fone is the fone to get, without a doubt.

Just my 2cents worth though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deniseb83

The Nokia 6600 is available in the carphone warehouse in Henry St.
    They dont have it on display with all the other phones.
    They are selling it for 550 euro.
    I saw it in there a couple of weeks ago and it was still there last week.

Not too sure but I think it is sim free.

saucy price....i think i will wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by rymus
    My one small moan would be that MMS isn't working on it but that's due to Vodafone not being upgraded to WAP 2.0, which hopefully will happen before I grow any more grey hairs...

Same with Meteor then?

I would not touch the phone if MMMs did not work on it. Is there any way to get MMS to work on it if the operator does not support WAP 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Got mine as an early Chrimbo pressie to myself at the beginning of December (ex-SIM from expansys, worked out at 550 incl FedEx delivery). By far the best phone I've ever owned.

However, on the downside, what really annoys me:

• The weight of the phone while texting can become painful.

•The one second delay between pressing a button and the backlight coming on/

• The two to three second delay sometimes after pressing the menu button before it actually switches to the menu screen.

• When taking a photo, it makes the click noise, but when you move the phone straight afterwards, it freezes on an image that you didn't intend to take.

Apart from that ... its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Hi
    I read some previous thread on this where the WAP / GPRS settings were requested for use on Vodafone - but unclear as to whether anyone was succesful?!
    I just rang Vodafone there and the guy said they have slipped behind on their WAP 2.0 testing but hope to release it in June.....
    unless anyone knows any different.......

thanks
    mobpd

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Originally posted by brophy
    I have had mine since a couple of months ago, bought it simfree from the uk... would have to say that is by far the best fone i have ever had, i had the 7650 before i got this fone, and thought that functionability of it was very good. But the 6600 is super have a 256mb mmc card in it and have all the ngage games on it along with a few movies and plenty of apps,,,,

this fone is the fone to get, without a doubt.

Just my 2cents worth though ;)
    Where'd you get the 256 mmc card, i've been wanting to get one for a while, i just want to get one i know will be reliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Originally posted by deniseb83
    The Nokia 6600 is available in the carphone warehouse in Henry St.
    They dont have it on display with all the other phones.
    They are selling it for 550 euro.
    I saw it in there a couple of weeks ago and it was still there last week.

Not too sure but I think it is sim free.
    Its a €100 cheaper with meteor, €80 credit, €200 holiday voucher, and absolutely no branding on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yoman

With O2 your looking at July at the earliest, seeminly they found problems with the connectivity to certain laptops and have returned it to Nokia and are waiting on a firmware update.
    They will not release it until all bugs have been ironed out. seems fair to me although at this rate it will be obsolete when it comes out :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

So what if there is problems connecting to certain laptops - you would think they would at least release the gprs and mms settings so we all get on with sending a few picture messages and downloading some mail!!! :mad:

p.s. thanks for the update though!

The won't release the gprs and mms settings because the 6600 only supports WAP 2.0 and O2 are still trying to solve some issues with setting up thier WAP 2.0 gateway. It should be available in the next couple of weeks though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

check sticky :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

The 6600 is now available on O2 at last!!

O2 approved the handset on thier network yesterday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Took their time!!! ... any idea on first time connection prices?

O2 have an RRP of €479 so depending on your upgrade options you can get up to €200 yoyo's or more off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

Originally posted by yoman
    The 6600 is now available on O2 at last!!

O2 approved the handset on thier network yesterday :D

are u sure?

I have mine working (bout it online in jan, just got mms/gprs settings working a few days ago...thx to here )

when will they release GPRS INTERNET settings any idea???

Are you sure??

Yes, positive. If you ring O2 yourself they will tell you the handset is now approved. Expect it to be in the shops as soon as they get stocks in and flash the firmware with O2 settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement