Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake2 lan server watcher

Options
  • 22-02-2001 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a proggie that just sits on you desktop and watches for lan games... not gamespy .. won't run since we're firewalled and he can't connect to master servers.

I found a link to one on fileplant but the link was dead frown.gif just saves me having to keeping check q2 console

any before anybody says anything q2 is just about the only thing we can play on the lan here.

slick.gif
    President, CEO, Revolutionary{/B]
    But also just a boy looking for the love of a beautiful woman

can I just point out I thought UBB code worked here but it seems it doesn't on this board

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 23-02-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

sonic has some lan thing that looks for a load of games dont know name of it though...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

if you want a few games of q2 email me and I'll let you know my ip to connect to; 9839178@student.ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

well there is usaully games always on in either the CS or CE labs ... but I hate having to keep checking in quake to see if any are running or not.

keep running into an old LSD member kerria it seems :-) and nDjethrog too :-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Eoin is no longer affiliated to his quake friends any mention to the contrary will result in severe law suits to the participating parties.

jethrog is still nDJethrog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

yeah i wouldnt mind a few games either, we should get something going, a few 4 on 4's or something. bring back quake2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Play some q2 at trinlan lads. Be lots of machines powerful enough to run q2 serevrs and the game itself.
    quozl

Bumped into guy called Ivo ... he really thinks you're a "shower of gimps" hehe
    poor guy can't take a beating

quzol trinlan is only on for a few days and i'm not going anyway ... and stop trying to plug it in ever thread man :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

LsD 0wn3d j00 4ll

Well not to go off topic but got the prog off sonic ... cheers Podgeen.

even better than I was hoping for too

The idea of a UL league or summit sounds ... good the is quite a large number of players i've noticed.

But I'd have to beat on any players from nD coming tops :-)

most of the players are medocre. I'm among the betters ones ... and well Even Podgeen could own me with ease :-). But soons good. i'd be willing to help out... as a first year got way too much time to kill :-).especially since ye can barely keep the fragnet site updated with yer work and studies... but in fairness osiris did a nice job with the design ... shame about the content :-) <shameless dig> I'm sure podgeen will be around soon to kill me or inflict GBH on me for that ;-).

trying to get a board started to give the Ul players some where to chat outside of game :-)... sick of "Hey I was typing"....

http://www.skynet.ie/~damocles/cgi-bin/board/ikonboard.cgi
    ... just finished last bit of coding to it today smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 23-02-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

the reason I gave you my email was so that you could email me instead of having to check the servers the whole time....ya know kinda like an appointment or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kerria

Hmmmm I suspect an imposter using my old config, since I can't access q2 servers in the labs due to this pesky firewall.

Likely story :-)

but given the imposter never takes

..btw we've never had anyproblems from the firewall playing gamesin the labs at all
    even against other labs

btw Comp Eng is going DOWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

SheroN : LsD 0wn3d j00 4ll

no u didn't smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ButcherOfNog (edited 25-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

.....boss...your forgetting someone

I could add about another 10 or so peeps from comp sys anyway.

Well some guy called Daedulus left a message on my site saying he knew 10 or so who'd be interested ... but not sure if they would cross over with your list ...

btw ivo thinks everybody else on that list is well what's the point I think the auto-censor is the only thing still working on these boards...

btw hands up who thinks Huge_insect should be in a league on his own? :-)

probably get bullmccabe to play if he isn't busy with lectures :-)

it's a shame the way skynet is firewalled from the rest of the uni's can't host a qw server on it at all frown.gif

but the lay out teams or singles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

When i play quake, i like to drive around the circuit backwards

Collie I'd never forget you boy, always got a bit of ya in me heart smile.gif Get back here for some batings.

Khan, we'll try and have everything in it, duelers leauge, teams, whatever... try and find out who those other people are then and I'll go about organising something.

hmmm seems to be a lot interested in the idea of a UL thing going. .. got about 20 positive responces from people

Well, for a U.L. league there would be:

1)me
    2)Huge_Insect
    3)Kerria
    4)PeeWee
    5)Lord Khan
    6)Ivo...(who I found out last night lives next door)
    7)Zoltan
    8)Sonic
    9)Podgeen

...plus whoever else wants that ye know...I'm sure we could get 15-20....now that would be class...like the U.L. Quake 2 league that Collie ran 2 years ago.

• Advertisement

EZ?

EZ??

btw can't believe nobody has posted on this forum quake ... since ( this moring and that was me :-)

the quake board is dead?
    where are we going to play these games? the villages are not connected to the college....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I still 0wn all j00r 4rs3s.

Well not really, but it's the thought that counts.

Shut up, I make perfect sense.

play them wherever you want labs or villages..., just keep a demo for reference. Did you find out the others who want to participate?

well just still making a list ... hard to track people down this week for some reason.

UL has a firewall everywhere now ...
    To quote "Soon there'll be a firewall on the bar in stables and you won't be able to buy a pint".

Unfortunately it seems that even skynet is firewalled off completely too except for a few ports... was hoping they might run a server ... least that way you can play from both labs and villages and connect to it ... but now you can't connect to it from the labs.

But I go with BossArky's suggest ... we were going to run it as play where ever and when ever you can like we did last time.

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 02-03-2001).]

how about we have a few wars maybe a 4 v 4
    plassey v any 4 from killmurry and rest of ul

Nice idea ...
    already a gruge match between Computer Systems
    and Computer Engineering ... I am proud to say that we are owning their sorry asses every time.

Poor Sith Just hates losing though ...

yeah, just find out who's interested first then we can go about organising it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gimp, apparently

who are the comp eng players?

gimp (aka numbchuck)

Advertisement