Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv usage cap

• 04-03-2004 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

the other day i tested a stick of ram for a mates pc, when i booted up everything was fine but du meter and a few others didn't load (i have page file disabled as i have a gig of ram,i was testing 128mb)

anyway i click into the du meter folder and double clicked on the big du icon, but nothing happened- then i noticed thats not for du meter it was to clear all log files arrrrggh,

okay so now i haven't a clue how much i downloaded or how much i can still download, their site says the service is un available

i hate caps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'd follow one simple school of thought on this one. That being if they can't tell you how much you've downloaded from one month to the next, why should you go to the bother of using DUmeter? If the usage meter in the accounts section doesn't work, then how are we to know if we go a few (or a few hundred) megs over the cap? We can't very well expect to be held accountable for going over a cap when we can't even view how close we are getting to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

Good point its been like that ever since i got UTV CS which was in august. How come they still havent fixed it though

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If they don't offer a facility on tracking your usage, then I don't think they can expect us to account for our usage. Imagine the conversation..

UTV : Well Mark, you've gone over the limit. We have to charge you.
    Mark : Really? How much? Can you show me the details?
    UTV : Ah... No... But trust us, you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

maybe they have bigger & better things to worry about at the moment. Fixing age old issues with ping times, packet loss, proxy servers and hours of downtime per week could very likely take top priority over who's downloading how much.

Advertisement