Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know where to get a car battery?

Options
  • 04-03-2004 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know it's a stupid question...

But I've been google-ing around and trying out goldenpages with no success for the last hour. Whatever phone number I got there's no answer. :(

I got into the car today, and it won't start. The lights come on, but as soon as I turn the key they dim and you can hear the engine trying to spin weakly. The battery looks kinda dead anyway, so before I spend a fortune towing the car to a garage I figured I could try to replace the battery and see what happens.

Now, my biggest problem is that I'm on foot, so I need to find a place relatively close to work or home, that sells car batteries.

Anyone know of a shop in Dublin city centre or near Merrion Square that sells car batteries? Or a place near Santry? I know there's a car shop in the Omni Park shopping centre but I'm not sure if they have batteries.. It's kinda small.. anyone know?

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

The shop in the Ilac centre should have them. There's also a garage behind the hill 16 that might be able to help you, seeing as you're so near (Jumpstart the car and if that works then get a new battery if neccessary).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

any of the kwik fit/advance tyre merchants will sort you out too.

There is a KF in santry omni part - give em a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Thanks lads!

That's a great help. :)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

There is a kwik fit and a fast fit just off pearse street (think it's townsend street) Not goingto get much nearer to merrion square than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Lacey's, Malahide Road, Donnycarney will sort you out, it's on the left as you head towards Malahide, just before the Collins Avenue junction. Or if you are coming from Santry direction, turn right from Collins Ave at Donnycarney church and right again at third set of lights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I got the car sorted, and a helpful taxi driver offered to jumpstart the car to make sure that it is the battery. I'm really amazed I got so many responses in such a short time! Thanks everyone!

Advertisement