Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Cap increassed to 16Gb

• 04-03-2004 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Extract from an email I got from UTV this morning from UTV.

"UTV Internet have expanded our suite of Clicksilver broadband products to give you greater value and choice. We now have two Clicksilver broadband products from which you can avail - Clicksilver and Clicksilver Plus. As a Clicksilver user you will be familiar with our unrivalled technical support and quality of service and we would like to assure you that whichever product you choose we will offer full technical support for the cost of a local call.

As a result of these exciting developments, we wish to offer you the opportunity to benefit from a significant reduction in monthly rental from 47.50(euro) to a fantastic new price of only 29.99(euro). Your service will remain at a contention ratio of 48 to 1, have a download cap of 8GB per month and have full technical support available from 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week at local call rates.

To expand choice even further, we have also introduced a new Clicksilver Plus service which will have a monthly rental of 45.00(euro). This service will have several attractive enhancements including a contention ratio of 24 to 1, a download cap of 16GB per month and full technical support as for the Clicksilver product.

(The contention ratio means that, for all broadband providers, the available bandwidth is shared between a pre-determined number of other users. For example, if the service is contended at 48 to 1, it means that you share the bandwidth with up to 47 other users. Thus the performance of a DSL connection will vary according to time of day and day of the week, depending on how many other users happen to be online at that moment. This is a restriction on all broadband providers. Therefore, the lower the contention ratio, the less likely that other users will affect the performance of your service. To clarify - your service to date has been operating at a 48 to 1 contention rate.)
    "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

:confused: Yeah, It's not like this hasn't been discussed before.
    If you'd bother to have a look at any of the newer threads, You'd see this has been discussed extensively already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

I didn't see it listed on the first page anywhere and since I got it direct from UTV first thing this morning I assumed that it hadn't been posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I got the email at 5:30 yesterday, I didn't mean to sound harsh about it, but just check beforehand next time you post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1445041

Advertisement