Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this correct?

Options
  • 13-03-2001 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

read this over on polosatiys homepage (ps.xaos.ru)

Date: 2001-03-13 02:06:37 Subj: news [0 Comments]
    At main CPL Europe page refreshed list of qualifier tournaments. Look at this:

Ireland - Does not compute gaming cafe - 17 march
    Ireland - Nethouse gaming cafe - 31 march
    Russia, Saint-Peterburg - Hamillion gaming cafe - 7 april
    Holland, Tilburg - The cybe gaming cafe - 8 april

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Where this does not compute place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

maybe the other cafe wil let us use our own mice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

The does not compute place is for the cpl counterstrike qualifiers. Its not Nethouse who arent letting us use our own mice, its the organiser. We should be allowed use our own mice, just no drivers. Which would you rather, your own mouse, perhaps minus some buttons, or some **** mouse you never played with before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

ok, both suck

mouse will not work without drivers,

and to use mice provided is stupid.

doesnt take long to install drivers/reboot.

who is the 'organisers' then?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OK lads, for those of you who were there last time, would it have worked as well if people had to go installing mice etc after *every* match? It'd have been pants and the whole thing (which ran a little late as it was) would definitely have slowed to snails pace.

It's a simple time factor - I'm all for using your own mice, but sometimes it's just not possible.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Advertisement

Mindphuck, and nethouse staff I presume.

My point was, let people plug in their own mouse, don't let them install drivers, disqualify them or whatever if they do. Most mice work with standard drivers. This way, you can get movement you are used to, minus a few buttons. It doesnt take very long to do this ffs, plug out the old mouse, and plug in the new one. 10 seconds work.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, thing is Gerry - it's not that simple - you've got to shut the machine down and then do the 10 seconds thing and then fire the machine back up (unless of course you've got USB which isn't the case for everyone).

However - this exact same issue is up on quake.ie and looks like the issue's solved!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Why dont you just group machines into different mice/drivers. All the logitech people use these 8 machines...microsoft those 8 machines.. etc etc. Those machines stay that way for the duration of the comp.

Everyone happy...no constant changing of drivers...everyone gets to use their fav mouse.....yadda yadda yadda...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gay_Baby

GG.

Give me a blower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I'll be useing my own mouse in the DNC qualifier. I even have my own intellimouse and dell mouse mat behind the counter in there smile.gif
    quozl

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Kharn is right.

The only way to run an competition like that allowing your own mice would be to choose the top 8 players (judgement call on the part of the organisers) and
    have pre-qualifiers to pick another 8 people from the public (playing with cafe mice).

Put all 16 into the cafe again with one machine each and their own mice and play them off.

That sounds vaguely workable BUT there are some hidden problems:
    1. 2 days of cafe time doubles the cost to the cafe.

2. Who are the top 8 players? Thats going to be some row...

3. The publicly chosen 8 would still have to qualify using cafe mice.

Instead of complaining in monosyllabic, single sentence posts, why not suggest a way around the problem if you can see one?
    Kharns point is glaringly obvious, the added time would kill the event.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

a players does not get hit skills from a mouse. its not samson a nd delilah here...
    just use the mice. anyway, having a 4 button mouse is a bit like having a stop watch to time quad on your monitor really when you thinkn about it..... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Not that many are gonna turn up?...16 maybe?
    I will be away.

[This message has been edited by Bunny (edited 14-03-2001).]

Hmm, seems to work fine for me every time in nethouse, by switching mice without powering down the machine. Never had any probs with that yet.

Advertisement