Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 08-03-2001 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭

Hi, all.

Just new to the Q3 scene and hoping some of you oldtimers can guide me in the right direction re ISP and method of connection. Currently using modem, fed up with unstable connection with NTL and Eircom's 30 minute timeout. Considering IOL. What are the options re cable etc in the Dublin area if I was to upgrade. I'm using a good system with good vid card and have tweaked everything possible but find it difficult to ping under 300. Any help appreciated.

What servers do us newbies use to learn without getting fragged every 7 seconds?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hello and welcome!

Have a look at quake.ie and find the help section and yer sailing!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Checked out that. Used the info to tweak my settings, but nothing about ISPs or methods of connection. Who and what u using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Hi.
    The main Irish Server is vishnu.ign.ie
    I dont play on isdn or modem, one of the other guys will tell you which isp to use.

Use the details in the help section to get into IRC and ask for a game, usually the server is empty unless they organise one. We havent a large number of active players over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'm pretty new to quake aswell meaning I'm crap and can't get frag even with quad smile.gif. If you want I'll give you a few games online somtime. Just look for me on IRC

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

Yeah, no problem. Where u playing? And what about your ISP - who's good in the Dublin area. What the cable/hispeed options here.

I don't seem to be getting a good ping on Irish servers. I'm playing mainly perfectkill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Otaku X

iol are fairly good isp
    I get 50k out of 56k extModem

Cheers for the info. Anyone got the new Chorus broadband set-up yet? Or anyone know how to get a cable set-up in Dublin? NTL have postponed all broadband access plans for th3 forseeable future.

Advertisement