Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Home Plus

• 04-03-2004 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Ive decided to stay on Eircom Home Plus instead of going with the Home Starter thing cos I like the sound of an 8gb cap and 24:1 contention, anybody know if that means Im now entitled to a four port modem as opposed to the single connection USB/Ethernet one they gave me when I first got the service a few months ago?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Please feel free to move this if in the wrong section

I got my new fangled internet connection setup (eircom home plus) last night & decided to test it with some mates ...we setup are our webcams which worked perfect but when it came to audio we couldn't connect using instant messager 6.7... now we have checked our audio levels etc on the pc's & they are fine but it just won't allow us use audio (error we get is unable to establish connection due to network issues) we have all ports open as well & have switched off all fireweall etc...has anyone have any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Well, it turns out the scabby hounds at eircom only include the Four Port one on original orders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

whoops my post above was incorrectly placed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Draupnir
    cos I like the sound of an 8gb cap and 24:1 contention

You would be better off going for IOL Broadband Plus then as it has a magical 16GB cap and 24:1 connection. Or even the UTV Clickserver Plus which has a 16gb download only cap and 24:! connection.

You may be better off getting youself a switch/modem if you want to share the DSL across multiple computers, or try and get eircom to send you out the new modem in return for the old one through a constant stream of persistant calls, coming to an unsuccessful end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Im using a router to split the connection already I just dont like the idea of other people getting more stuff for the same money!

Also, I dont wanna pay the termination fees with Eircom to change over to IOL or UTV

• Advertisement
Advertisement