Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will allegations of corruption affect the government in the fortcoming June elections

Options
  • 04-03-2004 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

The Tanaiste, Mary Harney, has said she doesn’t believe corruption allegations made at the Mahon Tribunal will affect the performance of the Government parties in this June’s elections.

Property developer Tom Gilmartin is expected to tell the tribunal over the coming days about the widespread corruption he faced while trying to develop shopping centres in Dublin in the late 1980s.

His allegations are expected to reflect badly on Fianna Fáil in particular

Will allegations of corruption affect Government polling? 9 votes

Yes - less people vote for the Gov
    0% 0 votes
    No- electorate wont care
    66% 6 votes
    Dont know/Dont care
    33% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Can we include a "god I hope so" category?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    Property developer Tom Gilmartin is expected to tell the tribunal over the coming days about the widespread corruption he faced while trying to develop shopping centres in Dublin in the late 1980s.

He already has: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145302

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Sorry Irish!! I meant to apologise in the origional post if I overlapped a previous thread by you.

I suppose Im interested in whether this will matter one bit when it comes to the crunch. Realisticall for reasons of corruption will this government lose seats.

Im not sure. -- sure the Shinners will grow, FG might recover a little, labour might recover a little but at the end of the day will this government suffer from an exposition of corruption alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

What is needed is real indictments to put the sh1ts in various politicians involved in corruption.
    Then people would wake up to the law breaking.

Advertisement