Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Lucasarts Game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Favourite series is definately X-Wing, Tie Fighter etc.
    Grim Fandango is easily their best game and one of my all-time favourites.
    Manny Calavera all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

Can someone explain what all the hype around KOTOR is about?

From what I have seen, it is slow, boring and tedious (yes, I know it's a role-playing game, but it really doesn't make itself particularly accessible). The plot of Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast may be simple in comparison - but the games are simply much more fun to play.

As for my vote, it'd have to be Monkey Island 2 - don't think I ever laughed as much in a game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Monkey Island

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Thrasher
    Can someone explain what all the hype around KOTOR is about?

From what I have seen, it is slow, boring and tedious (yes, I know it's a role-playing game, but it really doesn't make itself particularly accessible). The plot of Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast may be simple in comparison - but the games are simply much more fun to play.

i didnt enjoy jedi academy nor outcast, infact i disliked them to the extent i almost snapped the disc...

KOTOR however i completed 4 times and spend god knows how many hrs playing it, far from tedious imo. Im not usually a big rpg fan but personally thought the game was great..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jedi academy was good, but nothing compared to KOTR. it's got a cool story, good battles and lots of sith/jedi to kill.

Dual bladed lightsabers...yes please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

Full throttle was undoubtly great I still have a copy lying around, but lets not forget games such as the dig and SW: supremacy.
    Dark forces and kotor are contenders too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Just a note on Monkey Island 4 [since was mensioned]
    I bought it, as it was only MI game I didn't own - even though I was sceptical about lack of point/click interface [which I think was one major downfall].

Although, overall a good game, when not comparing with rest in series .... but when compared to 1-3, it was found lacking.

I thought Monkey Kombat was a good point of game, yes confusing etc - but brought you back to good 'ole monkey island pen & paper to jot notes days.

Swamp scene also excellent ... but overall the game just lacked the quirky humour from previous games, it wasn't as humourous, and the jokes were ... much to be desired.

For example, one of my favorite scenes in LeCheck's Revenge [2] - Use Saw with Peg Leg
    :D

The fourth one seemed to miss any such twisted humour, and although I always thought amusing how age changed ["loosing" your beard in 3rd] ... 4th was ridiculous, .... Head-B-Clear mustn't have lasting effects :(

Also slightly disappointed at such a short appearance from Murray [although they seemed to perfect his scenes].

Overall, I'd like to see the point/click interface brought back, and some non-politically correct humour :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    where mite i pick up versions of either full throttle, sam & max or Grim Fandango?

*in stock*
    Full Throttle (Lucas Classics)
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Loom

Where might that be found? (– working with XP and all).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is it not abandonware?

I think it works ih the SCUMM emulator. If it does it will work in XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

Best game series; X-Wing
    Best Game; KOTOR
    Best Character; HK-47 (KOTOR)

• Advertisement
Advertisement