Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forum for Linux ??

Options
  • 04-03-2004 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Sci/Tech > Operating Systems > Linux

Is it a good idea to get a Linux board up?? There seems to be a lot of Linux users on these boards. I'm trying to get into Linux, but I'm finding it difficult to get answers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Questions about Linux are fine on the Unix forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Rumourmill has it M$ has given SCO 86 million dollars, to fight it's IP case against IBM/Novell/the rest of the world.

hmm...

I wonder if you could call that 'abuse' of a monopolistic position, and how this would sit with the anti-trust settlements/actions going on in the States.

Not that any of this is even slightly relevant to the topic...., but, it's a soapbox thread.... and interested parties can sue me at the ususal channel..

/dev/yourma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Given that Linux is a Unix clone it fits fine under the Unix forum.

The best description i heard comparing *BSD and Linux was this
    *BSD was a result of Unix hackers writing a Unix for x86, Linux was a result of pc (x86) hackers writing a unix for x86
    :D

Advertisement