Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Dempsey

• 04-03-2004 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Just got his new album and thought it was great! So refreshing and different than anything I heard in years.

I thought Sinead O'Conners backing vocals were haunting and a prefect sound to back his voice. All in all I was mightly impressed.

So i did a search in here to find out what other people think and found (of the very little I read) a lot of negative opinions.

What do other people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Damo's rapih.

Indeed, a lot of the muso's don't seem to like him and I don't honestly understand why. If he was in the whole paddy casey/david kitt bracket of scruffy twats with a guitar and an ego-trip then I could understand why but he seems to be doing his own thing and just getting with it.

Maybe people he's not genuine and is taking the piss with the vocals but all I know and care is that he can make a good tune more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

" If he was in the whole paddy casey/david kitt bracket of scruffy twats with a guitar and an ego-trip "

Care to elaborate??? If anything these artists are known for their modesty and dislike for too much spotlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

well he aint a coke head like paddy

saw mr. casey recently and lost all respect for him, he was so bad, the last album was pure pop and he got produced the hell out of. seemed off tune for most of the gig.

but back to damien. he's a genius, anyone got his Contendor EP?

and at least he doesn't sing in a fukkin american accent like that mollix hansard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    that mollix hansard

i take it all back, just listened to the aforementioned's version of heyday.

yes i am a muppet, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 curtismayfield

Anyone heard Damien Dempsey's version of The Darkness' I Believe in a Thing Called Love?
    Surreal is the word I'd use to describe it.
    He's actually real sound too. Ended up havin a few pints with him one night and he was very entertaining. Handy enough live too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I think he's very, very overrated. A mate of mine had one of his first ep's (had Rollercoaster and Cardboard City on it), I picked up Dublin Town when it came out, we went to the launch of They Don't Teach This Sh*t In School in Whelans and it was a serious let-down. Just felt very disappointed. The new stuff does nothing for me at all.

Advertisement