Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards are dead!!

Options
  • 13-03-2001 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

These boards have gotten really quite dead. What happened??

.logic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

when you stopped playing....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

quake.ie has took over

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by podgeen:
    quake.ie has took over</font>

quake.ie has TAKEN over

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I really really like what MP has done with quake.ie, as ever he has poured his heart and soul (and time) into the quake scene.

There are two things that concern me a little, firstly newbies cant create posts (as far as I can see) meaning its not really a discussion forum unless a topic is posted as News, and secondly its isolated the site away from the general public (tho I should be able to link to it from the Quake boards here *scratches head*).

Tom.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

True I guess... but newbies like we saw this week cant just post a message saying "help, where do you guys play". Anyway, to do our bit I'm gonna link it from the top of the Quake boards.

Dev.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

thing is for quake game related news.. results etc. quake.ie is always going to be first port of call.
    where as these boards are more of "help blah blah" or fps type problem posts and more general-type announcements.
    thing with the former is that quake in all its forms is an old game.. there arent that many ppl stuck anymore or trying to figure out the console commands smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

How is Q.ie isolated? If I was some newbie kid at home who just bought quake, quake.ie and quake.com would be the first sites I would check. Dont think I would ever find the boards only I knew they were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Q.ie is nice but not a lot of posts there, unless thier hidden? Only comments I can see are from the diehard Quackers.

Quake is fading away. iD need to make something a bit more intresting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 nDWario

of course quake is fading, its id's third game on the same topic.After that length itll always die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Anyone else think Quake3 would have been more popular if it was shipped with a single player mission?
    Hmmph, just something I was thinking about there a while ago... a single player game (ie. plot based ala Quake & Quake2), it would probably have been great, even if they used different a weapon balance for multiplayer than single player.
    Maybe the multiplayer-only model made for a more secure engine, but IMO a SP mission would have kicked ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

no, that'd be anti-social.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BossArky:

quake.ie has TAKEN over

</font>

All your post are belong to us ... sorta stuff

Advertisement