Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Usage?

• 04-03-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

I checked my Usage yesterday and I got a message saying that it was estimated that in 21 days I would go over my download limit. Today that message has vanished. Anyone else with similar scenario?

Of course it looks like the metre might have frozen again ahhh well this time no mercy... I'm not phoning them up again. If I go over the download limit I will simply direct them to my usage page and say, "Well you guys say I'm using this much... you are providing me with misleading information... sooo..."

On another issues if you are downloading on BB at say full capacity 53 kilobytes can you still expect to get max upstream at 12 kilobytes a sec?

Xcellor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

The URL is http://www.iol.ie/broadband/bb_use.htm

and you login without the @iolbb bit

Zero figures for March. Says last time I loged in 11th Feb. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Yes if ure dloading at 53kbs u should also be able to upload at 11kbs.. Technically.

However sometimes uploading at full speed can saturate ure download speed and visa versa. Its best if you want to dload at full speed to limit ure uploads to 8 or so.

I asume ure on the 512k/128 service on saying this.

Coz.

Advertisement