Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[article] "More Soccer Shame" (copywrite The Sun)

• 04-03-2004 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/3533349.stm
    Spanish police have confirmed that nine Leicester City players have been arrested after allegations of sexual assault against three women.

The Foxes were training in the Spanish resort of La Manga to prepare for a final push at Premiership survival.

One of the players was released on bail but the others remain in custody.

The Civil Governor's office in Murcia confirmed that the players were arrested on charges of "sexual aggression".

German tourists

A statement by the Governor's office said: "The nine players were arrested after three German women complained to police at Alicante airport - as the women were about to fly home to Germany."

The club is co-operating fully with the authorities in their investigations

Leicester City statement

It is believed that the women are alleging that their hotel room at the La Manga Club was broken into and they were then assaulted.

A police statement said the women had alleged the players had gone by force into their room in a hotel in Los Belones, and were sexually assaulted by some of them.

The women had been intending to return to Germany but were persuaded by police to remain in the country to be interviewed, police said.

'Various injuries'

The alleged victims were found to have suffered injuries to various parts of their body when examined by doctors at Alicante general hospital and police doctors, police said.

They separately identified by photograph the footballers alleged to have carried out the assaults, establishing the level of involvement of each one of them.

The rest of the Leicester squad have flown home but it is understood that chief executive Tim Davies has flown out to Spain to join manager Micky Adams, who has remained in the country.

One player was charged only with failing to intervene and was released.

Spanish authorities said four players were charged with sexual assault, while four more were charged with trespassing and not reporting the incident to the police.

None of the players have been named.

Leicester issued a club statement, which said: "The club is aware that a number of players have been interviewed by Spanish police as a result of alleged incidents which took place during a club training camp in Spain.

"The club is co-operating fully with the authorities in their investigations but, as these investigations are still ongoing, is not in a position to make any further comment at this stage."

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Gawd I mean all they (allegedly) did was break into a hotel room any sexually assault some ladies...Guess that means they'll all play in the 1st team come Saturday and be lauded on the Priemership for their 'Character'.

Tongue Firmly in Cheek

One Word SCUMBAGS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

This could get really interesting, 9 players!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

This could be just three woman looking for some money

Originally posted by kmart6
    This could be just three woman looking for some money
    The women had been intending to return to Germany but were persuaded by police to remain in the country to be interviewed, police said.

The alleged victims were found to have suffered injuries to various parts of their body when examined by doctors at Alicante general hospital and police doctors, police said.
    From Sky

Really does it matter ..they are still (mostly) mindless yobs

[EDIT] Consider this your warning Lenny, one more post like this and you are banned.[/EDIT]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

If only that many Leicester players could score as easily in the Premiership they wouldn't be in a relegation fight.

You think women would learn. If you see a group of Professional Footballers staying in the same hotel as you, get the hell out of there. Chances are you might get gang raped! :o

It'll probably end up as nothing more than some slappers trying to extort a few quid out of Leicester. In which case, wouldn't it have been wiser to accuse players at a club that hasn't recently come out of administration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Originally posted by JippoKelly
    If only that many Leicester players could score as easily in the Premiership they wouldn't be in a relegation fight.

Cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

POST A LINK TO WHERE THE NAMES ARE, DO NOT POST THE NAMES.

THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE AND PEOPLE POSTED THE WRONG NAMES. PEOPLE WHO POST THE NAMES OF PLAYERS ALLEGEDLY INVOLVED WILL BE BANNED.

POST A LINK TO WHERE THE NAMES ARE, DO NOT POST THE NAMES.

THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE AND PEOPLE POSTED THE WRONG NAMES. PEOPLE WHO POST THE NAMES OF PLAYERS ALLEGEDLY INVOLVED WILL BE BANNED.

• Advertisement

This Thread should only continue on moralities in english footballers lives...the rest is academic.

Originally posted by [DF]Lenny
    This Thread should only continue on moralities in english footballers lives...the rest is academic.

Good call. Question is, why is this kind of behaviour so common amongst English Footballers?

Is it because of their stunted academic development? Or is that too simple an explanation?

Or is it because they are so pampered by the people around them who constantly worship the sun that shines from their arse and treat them like royalty?

Does this kind of attitude towards them result in players believing themselves to be infallible and/or above the laws and social protocol (most of) the rest of us are obliged to adhere to?

Or are they purely victims of their own celebrity that are unfairly hounded by the sensationalist media?

Or is it something else entirely? :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I would say that the lack of any development of their intellect would have partly to do with the issue. They also lead an unnatural existence of pampering that would give them awfully large heads. I think the culmination of this and the 'lads weekend away' and probably a large amount of alcahol did the trick

Funny enough how of all the people I know, myself included, who have gotten pissed on a 'lads' weekend away', none have ever resorted to gang raping anyone.

Well maybe some did that I don't know about, and they just didn't have the media following them around, but you get my point. They're has to be more to it than just alcohol. <-- P.S Bunglaow Bill, I know that's not all that you were saying

I'd be interested to hear a Psychoanalytic explanation or something for this kind of deviant behaviour among footballers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by smiaras
    Well correct me if I'm wrong but I'm yet to hear of any premiership footballers convicted of rape/ gang-rape or the like. Funny how easy it is to say these words but if the whole affair blows over like in other cases a simple "sorry" or "jeez lads I was wrong about that one" is so hard to type on the keyboard.

You're right. It's not very often you hear people, myself included, say "sorry" or "I was wrong about that one" when stuff like this turns out to be nothing but lies and extortion.

Although it's not justifiable or acceptable in anyway, these kind of allegations seems to be something footballers have to accept as a distinct possibility during their careers - whether they are substantiated or otherwise. They are rich and famous, and some of them also very naive, and therefore are easy victims for malicious money-grabbers or rumour-mongers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Matt Elliott, Keith Gillespie, Lilian Nalis, Paul Dickov, Frank Sinclair and James Scowcroft.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=6300666&p=63xx7yz&n=6300754&x=

Advertisement