Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bobby Heenan...

• 04-03-2004 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Apparently he is spouting on about doing commentary at WM20.He says it's official.Read the interview on 1wrestling.If he commentates then they must have 'Mean Gene' Okerlund too.That would be class.I think it's for a couple of the matches.:D :D:D 'Old School'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I'm all on for Heenan, but Oakerlund stinks as play by play, he really does. He's too dry.

I miss Monsoon :(
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Unless he does Kane v Undertaker? Cause its an old match updated basically. Then again there is always the possibility of something happening like some ould guy returning like Bret or someone and taking it from there.

Of course someone mentioned they were going to do an hour run-down of former Wrestlemanias so maybe he/they'll be doing this?

I'd love to see Heyman back in commentary but theres not much chance of that in the near future.

Originally posted by James R
    Unless he does Kane v Undertaker? Cause its an old match updated basically. Then again there is always the possibility of something happening like some ould guy returning like Bret or someone and taking it from there.

Of course someone mentioned they were going to do an hour run-down of former Wrestlemanias so maybe he/they'll be doing this?

I'd love to see Heyman back in commentary but theres not much chance of that in the near future.

Kane V Undertaker is brand spanking new in comparison to Oakerlund!
    And I too, would love to see Heyman back on RAW with Ross, due to the fact that the two don't really like each other in real life. Their commentary during the InVasion angle in 2001 was priceless.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

Never mind Commentary , they should bring him back to build up a new family , he could do wonders as the mic man for so many guys on the roster , as would more of the old managers.

• Advertisement

As much as i'd love to see Heenan as a manager, it'd never happen, i don't think he has the health for it anymore. Shame really as he took some savage bumps into cages and off the ring during the late 80s, early 90s.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Has anyone heard him speak recently? He sounds terrible due to throat cancer (?)

Haven't heard him in months, apparently he's recovered a bit.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

He has got a bit of his voice back. Heenan is brillinant. Orakalands (spelling) is ok IMO as far a play by play goes, but I think he has such an exciting and powerful voice.

Would be good to see em back at XX. They did a good job at 17

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Anyone know if Lord Alfred Hayes is still alive? I love that guy in all the old stuff. He cracks me up for no reason at all.

• Advertisement

Remember around 92-93, they tried to get him to do heel-ish commentary? That bombed and his ass was canned shortly afterwards to be replaced by Johnny Polo.

Nero

Advertisement