Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloomfield Motors Dublin & 323Ci

• 04-03-2004 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It seems that the truth has been told.

I find out from my buddy that the dealer in Bloomfield Motors genuinely didnt spot the faults in the car.
    This was understandably human error on his part. Happens to all of us. He returned the car first thing on Monday himself from the dealer where he bought it from and let them know his digust in losing a customer.

When I wrote the post, I was a little hot-headed about the situation. At that point I didnt know that the dealer had already returned the car and was trying to make amends.

I apologise for any comments made towards this car dealer in my previous post and detract any suggestion of this company being of unworthy reputation.
    I wish him every success in the future.

James.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I fail to see the need to request the mods to take the orginal posts from this thread

honesty = best policy

would have made some good advertisement as well for the dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Ba$tard
    I apologise for any comments made towards this car dealer in my previous post and detract any suggestion of this company being of unworthy reputation.
    I wish him every success in the future.

James.

Fair enough.

Mike.

care to comment on this Ba$tard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shush!

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    Shush!

:)

But seriously what's the reason behind all this secretive behaviour?

Libel laws are hardly enforceable on this board now, are they?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You better believe they are. Read your libel laws, currently I'm more responsible then the person who says it (though they go down with us) as we are considered the publishers of the material.

Anything libelous wont be stood over unless we feel that its true and we want to stake the future of the entire site on it. It can be that serious.

Google for Irish Libel Laws and see what I mean.

DeV.

Fair enough DeV - I understand you need the protection

If the original poster was truthful (I'm convinced he was), what is there to be afraid off though? The AA report is pretty good proof about the condition of the car, isn't it?

Freedom of speech should be in our constitution ranking higher than protection of some person's or company's good name. We would have a lot less corruption in this country :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

*personal opinion on the matter of the BMW 323Ci*

I would expect a garage to inspect any care they offer for sale to at least the same standard as an AA inspector would, if they can't live up to that expectation, I would take my business elsewhere:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

The truth as already mentioned was told, nothing less nothing more. Boards.ie has nothing to worry about.

Any attempts of accusations for liable or slander will lead to nothing when information is truth and based on fact, backed up by a professional non-biased option(AA report).

What I am apologising for is my reaction. I should have allowed the dealer time to react to the AA report and provide sufficent repose to his client (my buddy) that he was shocked and unaware of selling a defective good.

Regards, J.

The truth as already mentioned was told, nothing less nothing more. Boards.ie has nothing to worry about.

That's what I thought. So why all the hush-hush removing of the original thread, no doubt as a special request to the mods, severing the audit trail?
    Any attempts of accusations for liable or slander will lead to nothing when information is truth and based on fact, backed up by a professional non-biased option(AA report).

Presuming you mean "libel", then indeed my former questions. The AA report is a solid piece of evidence indeed imho
    What I am apologising for is my reaction. I should have allowed the dealer time to react to the AA report and provide sufficent repose to his client (my buddy) that he was shocked and unaware of selling a defective good.

Apologising for what? For your truthful postings on the original thread or for your hush-hush arranging of the thread to be removed?

Indeed the dealer should have checked the vehicle before putting it up for sale, but people make mistakes. No harm was done, the vehicle was not sold, apparently the dealer is sorry and even willing to go someway towards compensating you (your friend)?

If this thread had been carried through in it's original form, I would have been encouraged in my appreciation / faith in that dealer. Admitting a mistake has been made, owning up to that and compensating the wronged party would send out strong signals of being a bona fide, solid company to deal with

Instead this cover-up makes things very misty :(

You DO need to explain your reasons for initiating this. Were you contacted by solicitors acting for Bloomfield Motors? Which moderator on this board did you approach or did he/she approach you demanding the cover-up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Unkel,

I dont actually really need to explain. :) This is between the dealer and I. I dont know your level of involvement in this situation. Are you a by-stander or involved somehow? It might help to clear things up.

I thought up of the idea to remove the original thread. It was agreed between the Dealer and I to do this. I thought it was the cleanest thing to do to resolve this siutation at the time, which I still personally think is the correct decision. There is no cover up, no hush-hush. If there was an attempt at a hush-hush I would not have followed up with this thread.

I was not contacted by any solicitors to remove this. I approached a moderator and they did as instructed. I doubt any solicitor would decide to contact me because there is no legal grounds to enforce the removal of same, because 1) its fact 2) its serving in the public's interest that it was first published, albeit in a hasty manner(hence my apology).

The dealer has been quite open and willing to talk about this situation with me so far and so I am sure the situation will be resolved in the week coming. If the dealer wants me to re-instate the original post for a genuine reason, then this is possible to do of course. Nothing 'misty' is going on...

I have the original thread on file if anything happens or lingers on...

there is no legal grounds to enforce the removal of same, because 1) its fact 2) its serving in the public's interest that it was first published, albeit in a hasty manner(hence my apology).

Exactly, so I don't see the reason for removing it. It's in everybody's interest to see the full link. I don't recall all of the detail, but I don't think you posted anything derogatory about the dealer? And if you did, an apology on the thread would have been sufficient imho
    It was agreed between the Dealer and I to do this.

Did the dealer see your post here on boards? If not, why would you tell him about it?
    I dont know your level of involvement in this situation. Are you a by-stander or involved somehow? It might help to clear things up.

Nope just boards.ie member

I'm glad everything has worked out ok for you / your friend :)

Just out of interest: did the dealer offer to pay you towards expenses / the AA check out to show his good will?

Advertisement