Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muppet FM

Options
  • 04-03-2004 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

what was with Lite Fm today?? I know they're changing their name to Q102, but today they were playing that "Phenomenon" song from the muppets all day, they'd talk for two minutes and then it'd come on again, also the digital tuner thing that gives the name of the station came up as "Muppet", anyone know what was going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Someone was saying it was some form of protest on the part of the DJs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

From Radiowaves.

DUBLIN: A muppet has taken over the Lite FM asylum
    Big Brother star Ray Shah took over Lite FM's on-air studios and refused to vacate them until negotiations were complete for a decent new radio station for Dublin. That was the bizarre method that Lite FM used to relaunch their station as Q102. The station's RDS read ' MUPPET ' from 8.30am and Ray played an old Muppets classic tune non-stop from 8.30 until the station finally relaunched after 4pm. The station's website had also been 'hijacked' with the lyrics of the song superimposed over the old Lite FM page.
    One of the early changes they've made is the promise of overnight live radio - Jason Maine is on air from midnight on the new Q102, which broadcasts across Dublin on 102.2MHz.

Muppets. Couldn't think of a better word... What the **** does Ray Shah know about radio. Mother of god...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Ray Shah knows EVERYTHING about radio.

I'm glad Lite fm are relaunching.

I feel their business ethic is maturing and that the substance of their programming should be all the better once the 2nd quarter model is in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

I heard a rumour that Ray Shah ended up at the station by accident, the Chief Exec wanted a recognisable name and his english accent caused the misunderstanding, when asked who he wanted he mentioned something about an 80's dodgy dance band and said " eh ray shah"

Advertisement