Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check your Fps

Options
  • 24-03-2001 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

You’ll have to enable cheats for this: type /devmap q3dm16 into the console
    To run the timedemo test, type the following into the command console after setting the resolution:
    /s_initsound 0 (this turns off the sound to give a more accurate test)
    /snd_restart
    /r_swapInterval
    /timedemo 1
    /demo demo001
    press the tab key to finish the commands for you, saves typing biggrin.gif
    after the demo has finished bring down the console again to see your fps
    On my P3 500mhz with TNT2 I managed 30.1fps at 1024x768 this was with everything maxed. Lets see who can claim the highest fps, I know ye geforce 2 owners can blow this out of the water smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you run it at that those settings, its purely a video card test. At the same settings you used, fully maxed out, I get 78 fps. Keeping the resolution at 1024 * 768, but losing the detail, I get 291 fps. I think I know which I'll use...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

what type of card you got ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

It’s a Gateway Pc with an NVIDIA Riva TNT-2 32mb card

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    If you run it at that those settings, its purely a video card test. At the same settings you used, fully maxed out, I get 78 fps. Keeping the resolution at 1024 * 768, but losing the detail, I get 291 fps. I think I know which I'll use...</font>

what type of card you got

I have a geforce2 gts. I actually clocked the card up a bit, and got 92 fps on the full detail timedemo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

have u tryed the new alpha zerga omega protos battle ****e super mamma cum master nuke all muff dadddy king I own ur ass Gforce 2 drivers?
    I hear you get a .0034 Fps increase in timedemos on dm7. not sure if its true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Its true... Its TRUE!

heh, cool. I'll try searching for them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

No Need. Sonic has them downloaded, burned 500 copies to CD, and as we speak is distributing them amongst the Irish Online Community via SwiftPost.
    What a guy.

Advertisement