Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin (F505230-4) router and voice (MSN) help needed !!

• 04-03-2004 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Wondering if somebody could help here?

On our home network we use the Belkin 4 port cable/dsl gateway router Leap broadband.( F5D5230-4)
    The problem is that when I try and web conference using this router the video can be sent and recieved but I cannot recieve or send audio with MSN messenger 6.1.

I used to be on Netsource with a dlink DSL-504 router and had no such problems and configuring port forwarding or just opening ports was straight forward.

Was wondering if anybody is having the same experience as me?or could provide any details that may help.
    I dont know whether to use port forwarding in the belkin config page or whether to open ports 6901 using the "special application settings" webpage (see attached screenshot (port formwarding)

Would be greatful for any ideas or if anybody else is having the same problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Firstly, RTM for the router. Then RTM for MSN, then decide what ports you need opened for MSN voice, then use the first manual you read to figure out how to open and forward the necessary ports.

ampmoment.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

or you could just hit Gary across the head a few times for downloading/uploading too much on overnet. but just be careful of those furbys!!!

Advertisement