Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear MR814 802.11b Wireless 4-Port Cable/DSL Router

• 04-03-2004 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me if this is what I really need?

I am a bit confused over the whole siwitch/router stuff - what's the difference?

If I connect, PC A and PC B to the ethernet ports on this device, am I correct in assuming they be able to talk to one another?

If I connect PC A to the ethernet port and PC C to the device wirelessly, will they be able to talk to one another also?

Final question - it's $47 on Amazon.com, relatively speaking, is this a good price for this type of device? (I've looked on Elara and Komplett and I am not convinced I am comparing like with like).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Its pretty good value, as you said, it will allow the computers to "talk" to each other, and share internet. Check the other router threads for more info on what your router should support, but i think it should perform NAT and (hopefully) act as a firewall too. You may have to splash out a bit more for that though.

Advertisement