Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayhem CTF Night.

Options
  • 05-03-2004 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

It seems that CTF has went down quite well :D. There are a load of maps that it works really well on. Gazalla, Bocage, Docks etc, etc.

What is the general consensus on a CTF night.

Post your vote, and thanks.

The Fairy.

Do You want a CTF night? 15 votes

Yes !
    0% 0 votes
    No !
    100% 15 votes
    Feck Off The Game is Fine!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

played CTF today on el al......took ****ing ages but was great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Yeah....but I think the reason it took so long ....had somkething to do with the allies camping around the flag!!!

It took 3 tanks near the end of the match to clear there base out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

CTF is good ......but its hard to get back up when u are trying to take a flag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

i find ctf the flag better than the other games

is there going to be CTF this weekend on cavan comabt sometime?!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So this is wot ur on about last nite. Sounds like a good plan, soldier. Sign me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Great idea. :) 7 votes in, who voted feck off? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Can you fly in with passenger, drop passeneger, get flag, pickup Flag Carrier and woosh home

Yes, Yes you can.

...was playing it as opposition on el al last night, flew the mig in, landed behind the base, hopped out and ran in, grabbed the flag, borrowed a humvee, drove out of the base dodging RPG and M1A1 fire, back around to the mig, jumped in and flew home the long way, accompanied by another player watching my six...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Lucutus
    Yes, Yes you can.

...was playing it as opposition on el al last night, flew the mig in, landed behind the base, hopped out and ran in, grabbed the flag, borrowed a humvee, drove out of the base dodging RPG and M1A1 fire, back around to the mig, jumped in and flew home the long way, accompanied by another player watching my six...

I managed to kill the guy who was watching ur 6, but forgot about the plane. Class move, but next time I'll blow everything up.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

jeez!!!!!!!!!

fairy - great idea.......ohhhh ohhh you gotta do Berlin on CTF ...feckin brilliant!!!

seriously - CTF is a great game too bad BFV wont have it maybe a mod will tho sooner or later. But keep it a 5 flag capture limit and yout grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It would probably be an idea to get the server working properly first though. It was down most of last night and its down again at the moment now. Ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Server should be restarting itself now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    fairy - great idea.......ohhhh ohhh you gotta do Berlin on CTF ...feckin brilliant!!!

i'll state my liking again for small infantry maps, haven't played CTF but reckon it could be good on the likes of Berlin and stuff where it won't take you 10 minutes to get to the flag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

BF/DC is as much if not more so about the vehicles than infantry combat. Maps like berlin play poorly in DC because it wasn't designed with the weapon power available. It's very easy for the opposition to lock the allies into their start spawn for the whole round if they half know what they're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Hi Moriarty,

I would agree on normal games that you are deffo right. I dont like any map that does not have loads of vechicles.

However, Docks is mental fun playing CTF. It is clean mental, but the only way to win is team play.

Also Basrahs Edge is good fun as well.

Anyone want to propose a night for this. Is Tuesday too early, if not what about Thursday night.

I think staying in the same teams after each map would be fun.

What are your views.

Also is there any more word on the Clan or is it a non starter?

The Fairy.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i'll state my liking again for small infantry maps, haven't played CTF but reckon it could be good on the likes of Berlin and stuff where it won't take you 10 minutes to get to the flag

Berlin as I'm sure you all have guessed is my home map and I kick ass on it..I play as Dagda and played the other night and kicked ass lol

but data..on CTF its a diff ball game..i wish you woul dgive it a go..only 2 spawn points..allies home and axis farthest..it takes skill to get flags but teamwork on berlin ctf is rewarded...if you want proof look up CB ctf ladder 2 of top 3 teams home map is berlin and for good reason...it makes for a hell of a game..very exciting and close quartet combat is the mainstay!

yeah...right!!!! LOL

Anyway who's up for a good ole battle tonight?????

i'll be around after star trek at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i will

but as with data it will be after star trek or before but ill leave for star trek at 8 till 9

I suggested Sunday nights for CTF over on another thread there...

6pm till late.

Good response so far. Will make it a regular ctf thing, if successful.

• Advertisement

Yeah....Sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah sounds good. Should be able to make it.

Are we passwording? What maps we playing.

The Fairy.

Hi everyone.

Is this still a goer. If so what time, is it passworded, are TiG playing together and whats the map rotation.

Catch you all later.

The Fairy.

I'm going to set it up now, will post the map list when done.

The server admin app is shíte, so bear with me through the technical difficulties.

There will be no password, Cavan Combat is a public server.

This is a seperate thing to tig, but if we want we can organise when in-game :)

I have given myself the day off from any work in general, so i'm gonna give FF X-2 a lash for a while but i'll be around in the evening for some CTF and clan stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum, but an avid BF1942 online gamer, with broadband connection. I looking to join an Irish clan.

So when I did a serach in goggle I found you guys, I would appreciate any info on joining a "Good" BF Irish clan.
    Regards.
    dodohert(IRL)

BTW Is there any Irish servers for BF1942 if so, an IP would be greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Theres
    1) CavanCombat @ Ireland online
    thats on games2.iol.ie and is running DesertCombat most of the people on this forum are regulars

2) Offaly Offensive(bfv) @ iol.ie
    games1.iol.ie / 193.120.123.136
    Which is a Battlefield Vietnam server.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

Great thanks, I plan to purchase BFV today so I'll be logging on late tonight. Look forward to meeting you ppl online!

I see now why they left CTF out of the bfv. With all that firepower it would be almost impossible to get away with a flag alive. And all the advantage lies with the americans anyway because they have the better airpower for the swoop & scoops etc.

could be wrong tho as I haven't messed around too much with the jets on either side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement