Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name of Game?

• 05-03-2004 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

So years ago when we had an Amstrad at home, we had this game where ya played as a school kid-- I *think* his name was Johnny. Basically you were trying to get to your cheerleader girlfriend(again I think this was the focus of the game).

The first level was set in a classroom, and there was a teacher wandering around, while you were trying to collect items. You could fart(least I think that's what he used to do) and make someone get out of their desk so you could sit down in it to avoid the teacher.
    Another level was set in a bakery classroom of sorts, with a chef in the place of the teacher. I think he threw pies at you, but I'm not sure.
    The final level took place on an American football field, with the cheerleader at the top of the screen, and football players wandering around. You had to get to the cheerleader, avoiding the football players.

I'm not sure if that's the best description ever, but it's the best I can remember.
    Now I've NO idea what the game was called, and I've tried looking through Emulator websites and all, but without the name I've found it impossible to find. I'd love any help with the name of the game please :D I*think* it had Johnny in the title but I'm not sure.
    Annoyingly I saw a pic in Edge Magazine for an article about Retro Games with what I think was the front cover of the game, but there was no name :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Wickhmar

Sounds like The Adventures Of Willy Beamish Non?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Hey Wickhmar, that's not the game no. I do remember Willie Beamish looking at the screenshots though!

Whatever the game I'm talking about it, it's way older than that, much more basic graphics, but thanks anyways :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

If it's the same game I'm thinking of it's called "Mikey" (I Think?)

I had it for the Commodore 64 when I was younger. It fits all the descriptions listed above and If I remember rightly, it had an annoying version of The Beatles "Hard Day's Night" playing throughout Level 1?

I'm gonna have a Google for it now. I'll post anything I find :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Hey Okie, thanks soooo much!!

It was called 'Mikie' and it DOES have the Beatles 'Hard Days Night' playing over the title screen hehe

here's a link to an Amstrad emulation of it, just playing it now. Oh the memories :D

Thanks Again Okie :p

Mikie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Glad to be of service :)

I thought I had the spelling a bit wrong when I posted, but you got your answer I suppose!

Can't find a hell of a lot more about the game, great memories though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement