Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridging wireless and LAN

• 05-03-2004 3:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to bridge my wireless and LAN connection together but XP says "unexpected error occurred". When I try to configure Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) or Firewall the connection it says

"Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted. To correct this, use System Restore."

I've system restore turned off, don't think it would be that helpful anyways. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lisbonlion

I had a similar problem. May be obvious but make sure you have file and print sharing enabled and the wireless zero configuration set properly in your services.

If still causing problem you could always try a proxy, i use analog x and works well with http...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thanks for the advice. I checked wireless zero configuration (what does mean :confused: ) in services. It looks ok, it's started and set to automatic startup. But when looking at the dependencies, XP says "WMI generic failure". What dependencies does WZC rely on?

In fact every single service that I try to look at dependencies is foobarred now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lisbonlion

sounds strange alright some coruption their somewhere.

Windows XP comes with the Wireless Zero Configuration feature, which allows a computer to join a wireless network without any need for configuration. Using Wireless Zero Configuration, you will automatically connect to a wireless network if one is present. If there are multiple wireless networks present, Windows XP will automatically associate with the access point that has the strongest signal.
    Just an idea to disable and try manually sometimes better that way although sounds as though you could have some other issues apart from ics.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

I have a similar problem trying to use ICS across my wireless network. Not sure if this is relevant to you but I can't use ICS with my wireless router but can when my 2 PCs are networked with just a crossover cable. The problem is that ICS uses DHCP to allocate IP addresses and my wireless router uses DHCP as well. If you have a wireless router try turning DHCP off.

Advertisement