Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

name of a old Cartoon and film

• 05-03-2004 3:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

I think the cartoon went like this

2 enemy ships 1 human and 1 alien crash on a planet where dinosaurs still live. Anyway to keep up there war they took over dinosaurs modded them with weapons and used some kind of mind control on them and off they went fighting with each other while trying to build up a base around there crashed ship's (a bit like a cartoon Command and conquer with dinos).

That’s about all I can remember of it it was YEAAAAAAARS ago

The film was about a post nuke war earth (weren’t they all in the 80's) in which to stop all large scale war's territory disputes are settled in a 1 v 1 fight in HUGE robot's 2 lad's 1 either a German or Russian and 1 a American fighting over Alaska controlled them by moving there arms and legs while in the robot. The robots where shaped like humans (arms legs etc) had rocket launchers gun's cannon's and the ability to fly + turn into tanks and they looked really cool

It was ****ing great

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The series was Dino Riders

Dino Riders

No idea bout the movie, was it live-action or animated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya thats the cartoon.....i though it was great

The film was live action seemed to be a big enough budget film (really nice effects) and spawn a type of spin off in which a robot (huge again) was controled by a commodore 64 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

called Robot jox's *god bless yahoo*

Reviews didnt think it was that good.............but i did then again i was only 6 when it was released in 1990 big robots at that age = great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yes.. I remember seeing Robot Jox years ago.. it's pretty terrible alright... but the giant robots were pretty good, just not in it for very long...

and that title... yuck....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Robot Jox...name rings a bell alright. I'm pretty sure I saw this when it came out on video. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement