Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV problem please help

• 05-03-2004 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

on sunday night at around 9pm my connection shut down, i thought it was just temporarely down cause they were working on something but, monday morning i checked again and it still didnt work. I came back home at 6pm and it still didnt work so i called UTV tech support, immediatley i got somebody on the line we did a few pointless things and then he said that "they" would call me back in 3 to 5 days. First of all i heard that UTV had problems wit the server on sunday, cause my friend and others also had problems but there back up now and second of all thats a joke when they say that they will call u back. He did say i should try connecting wit the modem that utv supplied cause im running on a network so i did try just to check if my router wasn't broken or anything but even with the modem it didnt work. I did have the green light but when i tried to connect i always get this PPP error. So i don't know whats going on but im pretty mad about this whole situation. And of you know what to do are u having the same thing or not?
    Hope to get an answer as quickly as possible cause i won't be around here for very long cause ill go back home where i dont have dsl.
    Thanx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

ask UTV to create a new account for you. After 2 prolonged outages my connection never came back even though the root case of each problem was resolved. UTV had to create a new account for me to resolve.

My router constantly tries to bring up the PPPoE connection when it's down, so there must be some form of blacklisting if you have too many failed attempts???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

ok thanx very much for the answer, i have to leave now i hope when i get back home it'll be fixed otherwise ill have to call again and ill quote u on this.
    Thanx very much hope to be back up soon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

For a lot of people there were two outages at the weekend Sat and Sun night for about three hours each but they appear to have remedied themselves as UTV did not start investigating them until Monday morning.

The router should make no difference so long as you have entered your sign on name and password correctly - theres loads of people using routers without any problem.

There were reports a few weeks ago following one of the weekend breaks that a number of Clicksiliver users had to be set up again with new user names and passwords so this might be an option worth trying given that neither the modem or the router will work for you. Get on to UTV support again and put this option to them and tell them you are disappointed that they did not get back to you as promised and that you expect to be given credit for the period you have been out of service.

It is disapponting to think that UTV support did not offer this as option already given that it is a known issue following the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

The system has been totally rubbish with me for the past 24 hours download speeds from 7 to 20 kbps from around 8pm yesterday and all day today.

I'm in the South Dublin area.

Had the system since December and have had loads of outages but never rubbish like this, and now having to decide whether to go €29.99 or €45.00, at this rate its not worth €15.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Been the same here terrible and getting worse as the day draws on........not at all impressed.

If this is how the system in now God help us when hundreds of new punters sign up!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

Yep like u all said it was a user name and password problem something to do with eircoms cache where they store user names and all. Im back up but all in all pathetic service.
    thanx for all your replys

Advertisement