Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote's

• 05-03-2004 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

"As a kid, being Irish was being different, so I always told everybody that I was Irish. My parents had all these rebel songs on albums... So I just feel that I have a bit of Irish in me. I've got an Irish boyfriend, so I've had quite a bit of Irish in me quite a few times"
    * BOY GEORGE

"Remember, all you untrained Irish lads, the tin foil is not to be used in an emergency. It is only there to stop the product from Perishing."
    * British Labour MP JOE ASHTON commenting on the 1985 liberalisation of Ireland's condom laws.

"Bono, 26, is the charismatic pony-tailed singer and his rock band, U2, became Britain's most exciting act since The Beatles"
    * THE SUNDAY TIMES quick to acknowledge one of their own.

"Mountjoy was absolute hell, a total nightmare... It was the worst time of my entire life. I thought I was going to be killed, but the prisoners were alright"
    * JOHNNY ROTTEN of The Sex Pistols

"It looks like the sort of game that should be illegal"
    * BRETT ANDERSON of pop group Suede on hurling

"Jack Charlton's team of international misfits"
    * ITV commentator in build up to Italia '90

"It's just real cool to be here and to meet real Irish people straight from Ireland. My family come from the Mulligan, Sheridan, O'Connell, you know what I'm saying?"
    * EVERLAST, singer with American rappers House Of Pain

"All they got in LA is sun-tanned faggots. Not like the real men you got here in Dublin."
    * Rock star JON BON JOVI

"You Irish must be nuts. Imagine Catholics killing Protestants and Protestants killing Catholics. Why don't the Catholics and Protestants get together and kill all the ****?"
    * New York cabbie to SEAMUS MARTIN of The Irish Times

"Faith and Begorra, there's no better way to begin an Irish fling than with O'Delta Airlines."
    * DELTA AIRLINES brochure

"He suggested a new brand called Thick Mick', I'm glad for the fans back in Ireland."
    * ALAN McLOUGHLIN speaking in Belfast after his famous Windsor Park equaliser.

"Hello Dublin!"
    * DAVID BOWIE on stage in Co. Meath

"Hello London!"
    * Singer STEVIE NICKS on stage in Dublin

"Tell me Phil, why did you leave Genesis?"
    * New York socialite to Derry composer PHIL COULTER

"Mr Paisley has never had a good word to say about anyone other than himself and Jesus Christ, whom he refers to as His Maker - a Rather poor testimonial."
    * Writer JAMES CAMERON

"The people of Dublin are equally as British as the English, if not more so."
    * Ulster Protestant candidate Mr. MICHAEL BROOKS makes a brave but doomed bid for a Donegal Dail seat, 1987

"Get married again"
    * Taoiseach CHARLES HAUGHEY to woman asking for an increase in the widow's pension

AND THE BEST ONE...

"After the break we'll have more comedy in 'Cheers'"
    * RTE continuity announcer after highlights of The Republic's 1-4 home defeat by Denmark.

Comments

Advertisement