Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones

• 05-03-2004 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

'Lo all,

I'll be moving into a new development outside Greystones, between it and Delgany, this time next year. It's a big enough operation, probably 200 or 300 residences I think.

In general terms, if a development like that is being built does BB infrastructure go in as a matter of course these days? I.e. new exhange or whatever?

I see Greystones is on the Eircom list, is it done yet or will it be done in the course of 2004?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

I think Esat Business Broadband packages are also available in Greystones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Yes, a friend of mine has EsatBT in Greystones. Whether your development will have it or not depends on distance from the exchange, which exchange it will be on and the quality of the lines. Splitters of course could be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Does anyone know when kilcoole is going to get broadband?? I heard there going to build an exchange here. There's alot of development here at the moment (apartments and tesco's), so maybe it won't be that long??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Doctor_Chipolata

Thanks all who replied, especially the Aphex Twin fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Sure thing

Greystones has an exchange, so you probably can get it if you're living in Delgany. UTVIP or eircom(?) have a line tester on their site to see if you're close enough, so give it a try.

If you do get broadband, don't go with eircom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

My god i hate that sig

[/end off topic]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by bizmark
    My god i hate that sig

[/end off topic]

its 18 pixels wide and 12 pixels tall over the sig limit
    maybe if enough people report this it will be removed

Advertisement