Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings until September

Options
  • 05-03-2004 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on making the most of my savings...

I’m hoping to return to university in England this coming September and am currently putting €1’000 away every month (I currently have €3’000 saved so next month I’ll have €4’000 and so on.) I want to have as much money as possible to see me through at least the first year but will need access to it in September any Ideas?
    Its just sitting in my current account at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

Leave it where it is ... the term is too short to make anything worthwhile, and you may even incur charges if you go doing things with it that may wipe out any gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Put it in a 6 month bank account and you should get a slightly better rate. Don't bother with an investment type arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/clubman/BestBuys.htm

60-day notice a/c with Northern Rock offers 2.5%

If you're studying in the UK and have a UK bank a/c you'll get better rates there as UK interest rates are higher than Euro rates.

Advertisement