Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free wireless Internet access available at Aer Rianta

• 05-03-2004 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

http://www.dublinairport.com/AR_Dublin/Live/Lv_pres_GenTemplate.asp?strPage_Name=wifiDUB

To celebrate Ireland’s Presidency of the EU Council of Ministers, Aer Rianta has entered into partnership with a number of telecommunications organisations to provide wireless Internet facilities at specific locations in Dublin, Shannon and Cork Airports. These facilities will be available free of charge to you and other users of the airports until 30 June 2004 when Ireland’s Presidency comes to an end.

Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) is an exciting new technology that allows you to browse the Internet, check your e-mail, download documents and carry out other key communications functions without wires, connections or cables. The areas within the airports where you can access this facility are known as Wi-Fi hotspots. So if you have a laptop or PDA simply follow the instructions in the Wi-Fi zone for high-speed access to the Internet and an immediate solution to your communications requirements.

Aer Rianta plans to have Wi-Fi facilities available on a commercial basis at Dublin Airport before the end of June followed by subsequent availability at Shannon and Cork Airports.

Has anyone tried it ? It's not clear if it's free or on a commercial basis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

I was in Dublin airport on Friday evening, its free alright but for some reason (probably Microsoft related) I couldn't get on the network. The guy who was with me (with a Debian Linux Laptop) got on no problem. Got about 512K access speeds.

This was in the departure area A near the gates.

XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

It will be soooo great if they can /me dreaming/ keep that free after June /me back to real life/...
    How much are they going to charge...I wonder... too much anyway?!

Raphael

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Just back from Paris yesterday and the access is still free.

Advertisement