Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instead of moaning that this forum is dead, why not play quakeworld?

Options
  • 17-03-2001 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

Theres people on vishnu every day, if we get a few more, there will be enough for a few duels, and more regular wars (perhaps requiring another server). As it is, theres more quakeworld wars going on, on the irish servers than in q3. Not difficult I know, but people are happy to play on mixed teams in qw, whereas in q3 its just endless whining. I'm sick of this endless nostalgia, which somehow implies that quakeworld is dead, and that theres some unwritten rule against playing it officially, it might tarnish the memories of the good old days, or some such mindless thinking. Theres a lot of people who reckon that q3 is too slow or boring, or they havent got the machine or whatever. In that case, just connect to vishnu.ign.ie:27500 and you can play a game thats actually fun. You can obtain small quake from quake.ie's files section.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

here here ill play

Daddy or chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

i second gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

if half the people that gave q3 a chance gave q2 a chance i think we'd all be living in a q2 dominant world. a happy fragilicious world.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've come round to liking Q3 as a fun kinda game but I went back to play QW a while ago and I'm like a crack addict sucking on his pipe again.
    Its just too fúckin nasty smile.gif

Love to get a few wars, when/where do they happen? I'll play in pickups quite happily.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

wars on vishnu.ign.ie , a few nights a week, and usually a fair few at the weekend. If you see any of the gt lads about, ask them, though they don't usually waste any time asking for players anyway. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

can i play too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I second Havok. I've been playing q3, but I'll gladly give other servers a go if I know how they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Sam, any chance you could do that in your spare time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

I think that Gerry is the best ever. biggrin.gif

Get out, You're Barred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

How about some1 setting up a QW help section on q.ie, esp on what exactly the differance is between winquake, gl quake, small quake, diff versions , mod's , what exactly "qizmo" is/does, setting up a proper cfg ect
    for ppl like me who've never played it.

<-- Enemy p4nts Secure
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

yeah glquake works, also sometimes you have to open your monitor to make sure you dont have a virus

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

its easy, just take the 4 screws off the back and it comes off by itself, the tricky part is making sure the monitor stays on while youre doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I tried QW and played some nobody called "Koopa" or somthing. Got beaten 70 somthing to minus alot(which i found amazing seeing I spent the entire match hiding in this little room spaming gernades out the only entrance). So the moral of the story is don't try anything ever. Espically Quake World cause it's too ****ing fast and there were rockets flying at me every time of spawned.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

no no no no NO!

You never play Sam/chris/Nicky/ANYONE on DM4 EVER!!! wink.gif

That's how you'll learn Tom smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

same way you never play me on q2dm1.

Yeah i try play different games,and enjoy them but i just fall back into QW very EZ.Lets get some wars going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Icingdeath

Instead of going on and on about mindless issues (like this), why don't the powers that be get some quality Quake 3 Servers available to ALL Irish gamers?

Icingdeath.
    Defender of the few,
    Destroyer of the many.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Shut up u prat!

Nex

Clan GT

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

wan nex biggrin.gif whoot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Quakeworld just seems so fast now, how the hell did we ever play it?

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

I don't know about you man but I used use a mouse and a keyboard. smile.gif: Still seems to work for me now funny enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

ya ya dat is gout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I'd just like to point out that myself and Davoc play almost every night, except when the lag becomes totally unbearable and the infamous "humming into the phone" method would give you a better connection smile.gif. We hardly ever see anyone else playing though and this would bother us if it didnt mean that the servers are free for us to duel cool.gif

Advertisement