Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why's my cable tv reception so bad?

Options
  • 05-03-2004 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got NTL cable in dublin (analogue) and that quality is pretty poor most of the time. Certain channels particularly bad (Ch4, Discovery) though now again they get better. I'm wondering where to start looking for blame. One thing I'm thinking of is cable connection, it's c. 10m in total with a splitter and a few crap coax connectors thrown in. I'm reluctant to get NTL involved in case they start charging me for my 2nd tv point.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Get a good cable such as CT100 and proper connectors/splitters. Check what the signal is like with just the cable and no splitters. If it is good, then using proper splitters add the second TV (also using the CT100 cable).

Of course you should be paying for the second TV point :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

whoops, I appear to have posted to the wrong forum. Covered in depth in icdg/cable mms etc forum : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143373

moderator, feel free to delete this thread.

Advertisement