Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new climbing wall in GMIT Castlebar

Options
  • 05-03-2004 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

I've read in the new outsider mag that the students in the gmit have built a wall. Does anybody know if its open to joe public? (oh how i miss the wall in ucd).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Haven't a clue but I know theres a new wall in Ennis that is. If you find out can you let us know?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

well, I finally got thro to someone who knew what I was talking about. Waiting on a phone call from the head of the sports dept, they were surprised to hear it was mentioned in a magazine! Will post details if and when I get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

Well, despite many calls and a fax, no reply from the college. I did get speaking to the owner of a local climbing shop in Westport who knows the people involved with it, and he tells me they have no plans to open it to the pubic, they do not have the insurance to run it on that basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Breadquanda

Hi, sorry if this is a late posting, (I'm new)
    But I was a member of the SU exec last year in Castlebar.
    I can confirm that the students did create the wall themselves and it's only open to members of the Outdoor Education Course or Members of the Society.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi, sorry if this is a late posting, (I'm new)
    But I was a member of the SU exec last year in Castlebar.
    I can confirm that the students did create the wall themselves and it's only open to members of the Outdoor Education Course or Members of the Society.

the thread is 8 years old, welcome to boards :D

The wall's only a bouldering one anyway and pretty makeshift at that. does the job though. NUIG have gotten a proper one installed in the last couple of years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement