Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale Forum

Options
  • 05-03-2004 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the For Sale Forum recently. And i got to thinking. Would it be more functional if it was categorised. A lot of posts are getting pushed a few pages back within a day because of the traffic there. Its all mixed up, with everything in the same section. Recently there have been a lot of musical instruments sold there, So maybe a Music section? one for DVD's, Cds etc one for computer components. and a misc one for all the randoms.
    It would ensure better viewing and sales for the punters i reckon.

Anyways...
    gar
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I agree that computer parts should have its own subsection, dont know about the rest.
    Maybe a multimedia one for Dvds, cds etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

We did actually draw up plans to create more sectiosn but somewhere along th line we never implemented them for som reason. (probably becasue we were too lazy or drunk or both)

I'll look into it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Would really be worthwhile I woulda thought? Maybe something similar for the "Wanted" forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

icon14.gif Good idea that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i dunno if the wanted form gets that much traffic to need subsections, but for sale definatly does. ?Maybe something along the lines of

Computer Related
    Musical Equipment
    Media (cd's, games, DVDs etc)
    Transport (cars, bikes, bicycles etc)
    Tickets
    Mobile Phones (already there)
    Home Entertainment
    Misc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

yes, very good idea this, threads can get lost in a matter of hours on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by bombidol
    i dunno if the wanted form gets that much traffic to need subsections, but for sale definatly does. ?Maybe something along the lines of

Computer Related
    Musical Equipment
    Media (cd's, games, DVDs etc)
    Transport (cars, bikes, bicycles etc)
    Tickets
    Mobile Phones (already there)
    Home Entertainment
    Misc

I dunno about that, maybe just branch off computer equipment for now and if the main FS Forum is still swamped on a daily basis then branch off the next most popular category.

Too many categories won't get the eyeballs.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is one of the few areas where I would agree with that analysis. IMHO we should section off areas as the traffic warrants it. Keeks, can I leave this with you and Vexorg, vex can action the creation of sub fora as you guys see fit... he's really the admin with responsibility for the For Sale area, such as we have demarcation here.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

while the subject of For sale is open...Im wondering was there ever any decision on a small traders forum ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement