Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats causing all these errors

Options
  • 05-03-2004 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

What is the reason for these Net Errors ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

Could be line quality, electrical crosstalk, normal ethernet collisions, the net being busy, invalid packets inserted, multicasts, anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I know the feeling. Look at the pic I'm enclosing.....

It seems to happen only with UTVipXL. I connect to another ISP locally and no problems. And lately, I can't get over 40k in terms of a connection. Yet Eircom will tell you that the line is fine 'cos they have no obligation when it comes to data traffic.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

This is just a guess but could they be compression/decompression errors? If so eircom are correct in saying that transmission on the line is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The errors eventually went over 1000. Gonna try a different cable, cos the current one gets snagged in the door, maybe its damaged. What settings do eircom not support ?

Advertisement