Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qauek3 Config HELP!!!

Options
  • 10-04-2001 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Listenb need help with my q3 config.
    Got a gefarce2 64mbz, p4 1.5 and **** like that. I've isdn. I need to get my net connect organised!!! keeps connecting but giving "connection interupted" ALOT. Wanna start playin a bit again as im cutting down on the booze for a few months.
    Cheers for any help.

_ _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _
    <A HREF="http://homepage.eircom.net/~cullenm&quot; TARGET=_blank>
    sig.jpg
    </A>
    http://run.to/pile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I use Rate 6000, cl_maxpackets 50 and cl_timenudge -20 and it's sweet as a nut to Irish servers on ISDN, bit laggy on foreign servers, but generally playable.
    Try to keep your framerate divisible by your maxpackets - e.g. I cap my FPS at 100, and use 50 maxpackets so the framerate and packets sync nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

i noticed that whenever i connected to vishnu.ign.ie on eircom dialup I go 999 immediately if my frames aren't capped to 100. So I just wouldn't use eircom dialup ... that might be yer problem smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airk

I didn't even know there was a sync-factor between maxpackets and frames.

Afaik higher maxpacks smooths gameplay (as you have more updates to server), but that demands bandwidth. To high maxpackets setting will kickup your ping, right?

Sico even seems bright when he talks about q3 wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

eircom routing to Vishnu on a dublin dial up is total p4nts, i get 999 solid on isdn no matter what my net settings are @, 50-110 ocean, and 45 - 85 indigo (on dublin dail ups )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

what mike said works, I tried reducing max_fps from 125 to 100, and the 999 ping droppped to 50. 100 fps feels crap compared to 125 though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement