Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB, new cap info

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Anyone noticed any differences in speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

mine is now changed - guess its in.
    OfferCRocGold - you were obviously near 8Gb - do you have any message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Speed won't change - I don't think anybody had contention issues on 48:1 - simply because there isn't enough users out there. My speed is the same as always

Downstream 416 Kbps (52.0 KB/sec)
    Upstream 105 Kbps (13.1 KB/sec)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yep the new cap is finally in my warning changed from 4 days to 17 days:rolleyes:, back to downloading crap for the family/neighbourhood/friends/household/random strangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If anyone notices ping getting better please mention it - my sis will tell me if the ping gets better in UT2k4 when she gives it a spin later on today to clarity.jolt.co.uk its now 31ms average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Haha, I see they say faster downloads on the BBPlus page. Feckin cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

So it looks like new cap IS effective. I can't wait till they get my usage calculator fixed so that I can see new cap being effective myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

Jesus!

Do they tell their staff anything?

My '13 day warning' has dissapeared too.

You may aswell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Yep the new cap is finally in my warning changed from 4 days to 17 days:rolleyes:, back to downloading crap for the family/neighbourhood/friends/household/random strangers.

Would you do a calculation
    [data downloaded + data uploaded] / [# days elapsed] * [# days in month] = 16GB?

Is there a consesus that the cap has increased then? Can I hapily start downloading?

Not another one. It's not upload + download.

It's [data downloaded or data uploaded, which ever is higher] / [# days elapsed] * [# days in month] = 16GB?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    Not another one. It's not upload + download.

It's [data downloaded or data uploaded, which ever is higher] / [# days elapsed] * [# days in month] = 16GB?

I was playing it safe and including both.

BTW over on

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=145523

the following was written
    Originally posted by kida
    Just spoke to Customer Care and Sales...
    Contention kicks in on Moday 8th March.
    Cap change doesn't come in until April so you still have only 8GB this month...

First of all the cap has always been either up or down it has never been combined. The people who work in IOL who told you it was combined are idiots. Secondly to prove this new cap is NOT combined,

http://members.boards.ie/daveydevil/iolusage.JPG

Thirdly the new cap is in force from now on - once again some idiot in IOL is giving false info. I like many others have had our warnings for over use removed - this prove the cap is in. OfflerCrocGod's usage warning has gone from 17days to 4 days. How much more proof do you want??

>How much more proof do you want??

I want a screenshot of their usage metre above 8GB without a warning message,
    and I want that person to say that they can still connect as normal!
    or
    something from IOL in paper form

Don't hold your breath about getting anything off IOL. Why do you think the cap wouldn't be in, just because of one idiot in IOL.?? The fact that the warning is gone is all the evidence I need.

Advertisement