Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

• 05-03-2004 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Ok ive had it with IBB. Theyve been a ****ing disaster for me on the Ballycoolin transmitter w/Breeze home. No-one to fix anything after 5 or at weekends. Speeds all over the place. Now again im on 56k type speeds today for about the 10th time in the last couple of months, ordinary webpage taking 5 mins to load-up, etc......

So, whats the most stable, but at the same time reasonable value for money option, with either no cap or decent cap (+30Gb), min 512 up & down, contention max 20.

I know i can go and look up the Govt site & various others but what i need are people who are using the packages to giive me their opinions from experience.

When i was going with IBB quite a few warned me off them, guess i should have listened....

I mean how often do your BB connections go down on other packages & how long do they stay down for. Also speeds - are they constantly around teh same or are the all over the gaff, etc.. ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Most residential services have caps... That is unless you have a cable provider that does Broadband internet nearby...

Netsource are expensive and have been subject to a lot of complaints the last while...

It really depends on how much you are willing to pay for your bb??

Xcellor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Definatley less than €100pm inc vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

i'm on IBB's ballycoolin pole, 5.8ghz gear, currently rocking 50-60k/sec down on average.

just sayin.

How long have you been on it & what package do you have ?

You havent had any problems at all ?????

According to IBB, a "sector" went down in Ballycoolin today so they had to move everybody from that sector to other sectors, consequebtly speeds would be affected.

Im averaging 0.4KB/s. WTF is going on !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by mag
    So, whats the most stable, but at the same time reasonable value for money option, with either no cap or decent cap (+30Gb), min 512 up & down, contention max 20.
    No such DSL packages exist anyway. Unless there's someone else offering wireless in your area you'll have to lower your expectations a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by mag
    How long have you been on it & what package do you have ?

You havent had any problems at all ?????

According to IBB, a "sector" went down in Ballycoolin today so they had to move everybody from that sector to other sectors, consequebtly speeds would be affected.

Im averaging 0.4KB/s. WTF is going on !!

Breezehome+

The lightning the other night caused a few 2/3 second drops in the connection, but that's it - no other problems.

how long ya been on ballycoolin pete ? im seriously surprised to hear that youve had absolutley no probs cause ive had loads, which most of the time relate to probs on the high site.

also, how do you get the 5.8ghz vl equipment instead of the usual 2.4/2.6ghz ?

Originally posted by MrPinK
    No such DSL packages exist anyway. Unless there's someone else offering wireless in your area you'll have to lower your expectations a fair bit.

Looks that way alright. Its just that i mentioned here a few weeks ago about the probs i was having & what i wanted & was told that there was a few options that would cover this.

I thought that the Eircom BB Business+ 1024/256 24:1 might have been a runner but its got a 12Gb download cap @ 108E a month. WTF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by mag
    I thought that the Eircom BB Business+ 1024/256 24:1 might have been a runner but its got a 12Gb download cap @ 108E a month. WTF!!!
    Netsource resell that same package but without the cap, but unfortunately it's the same price. They haven't updated their website yet though.

Originally posted by MrPinK
    Netsource resell that same package but without the cap, but unfortunately it's the same price. They haven't updated their website yet though.

Anybody using this Netsource package care to comment on it ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

talk to IBB and try and get the VL equipment. That will sort all your problems.

Presumably you need to be on Breeze+ to get the VL equipment though ?

I dunno if that will solve all the probs, the high site seems to have it fair share of hassles afaics.

Advertisement