Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some advice needed (line fail,pass,fail)

• 05-03-2004 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    Just some advice needed..

We live in Portmarnock and were told on Saturday, that they had a port in the exchange for us, so we ordered. Then, today, I received a call Eircom asking if we wanted broadband.. we have 2 lines and he said that our mainline wasnt compatible, but our second was.. we had been permitted to order on the main line with the intention of ditching the second line. His call was completely unrelated to our order - it was just one of those 'phoneathons they have where they ring everyone in the world and ask if they want broadband..
    This is the second order for eircom broadband we've put in and its starting to get annoying with the endless phone calls either telling us to order it, or telling us we cant have it..

So, my questions for you are:
    1: Anyone else experienced this?
    2: If we find out that we cant get eircom broadband, can we get any of the other companies (my guess is not)
    3: What other alternatives are there (Satellite broadband etc)?

Cheers,
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Eircom are know to ring people on BB asking them question along the lines of
    Do you use the internet?
    You do, are you worried about your phone being tied up when online?
    We have highspeed which gives you an internet line and a phone line.

And so on and so forth. People on bb actually being told they arent even in a bb enabled are when they've had it for months.

Good luck ordering. It seems very hit and miss at times with everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

yeah..

we are in a BB enabled area, and a few houses on my road have it already..

It's just a bit annoying to be honest..

Does anyone know if I can get Satellite broadband out here or if NTL are extending their service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

NTL would be sweet. Doesnt look like they'll be coming here anytime soon.

Sat bb is bit expensive and doenst look the best. Keep annoying eircom espec since they have had your order before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

What exactly is the problem? If you've ordered it, have they not given you a date when it will be enabled? Why not follow up on the order instead of worrying about some cold call or various expensive alternatives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

i did try to follow it up, but eircom are a complete joke - i swear that half of the people in there dont know what's going on.

Basically I need broadband ASAP. We were told, 2 weeks ago, that we should have it by this friday, yet i got a random phone call telling me that BB is only available on our other line, the one we wish to cancel.. totally unrelated to the original order.

And since we placed the order there has been no feedback from eircom, apart from the call that wasnt even related to the order

so - I guess that there are no other options...

• Advertisement
Advertisement