Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey :dublin Castle June 5th

Options
  • 05-03-2004 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Morrissey will play Dublin Castle on june 5th.

new album you are the quarry released may 17th.

glad to break such good news !!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Interesting how much? who support?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

no other details yet.got an email from mozs offical site confirming gig.

could be part of a heneiken weekend not sure.fill you in when i hear anymore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

No fair! I wanna go :)

Any chance of that moody-man coming to Canada? "doubt it!"

Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for Nickleback then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

I think there is a smiths tribute on in tbmc next saturday and its only €15, I'd say the morrissey dublin castle gig will be €40-€50 coz prices for uk gigs are £20-£30 and its usually almost double that over here, but as of yet there's no info anywhere on prices or support, that I can find anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

For the Manchester gigs, Damien Dempsey was support and Franz Ferdinand too,
    Damien will probably play Dublin too, I would imagine...
    But still no tickets on sale at the moment.
    Manchester gog sold out in 1 hour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by rumpelstiltskin

Damien will probably play Dublin too, I would imagine...

Ugh
    I couldn't be more underwhelmed

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

is rubbish:) thankfully i think he`s on a uk tour at that time.

its prob the heinken weekender put back a month,so there could be another top band on that night.rumour is the cure are playing the next night.

if not expect a franz ferdinand plus two or three from the following Irish bands:the pony club,snow patrol,sack,Alphastates,turn,the frames ,gemma hayes.dave couse,the thrills.

supposedly the man himself loves all of the above Irish acts,with Snow Patrol and Alphastates catching his fancy on a recent trip here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Originally posted by m

rumour is the cure are playing the next night.

. [/B]

Severely doubt it......Doubt the rumours about Witnness too...but I may be wrong....New album out June, so my guess is a dublin date in the late summer or early autumn to promote it. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I think you're right with the heineken green thing weekender guess. The only gigs I've ever seen in Dublin Castle were all part of the Heineken green energy thing and they're normally on when I'm doing college exams (although june 5 seems a bit later than normal though, its normally mid-may or thereabouts I think). So yeah, if it is a heineken green energy festival gig, then whatever promoter will choose what other bands are on, not morrissey himself, I would imagine. Still, looking forward to this one, saw morrissey in the ambassador (with pony club, who were on top form that night) the last time, great stuff indeed.

Don't know about The Thrills and Franz Ferdindand supporting, if they were playing around that time in dublin, they'd get their own headliners each. Personally, I'd like to see morrissey and the cure, same night.. now, wouldn't that be fun :D

Originally posted by dead air
    . Personally, I'd like to see morrissey and the cure, same night.. now, wouldn't that be fun :D

They certainly wont be gracing the same stage EVER considering what Robert Smith thinks of Morrissey...maybe the same city on the same night

• Advertisement

just dont get on sodium,rather like you and the eyeliner boy eh ?:rolleyes: :)

Originally posted by buzzerbuckley
    just dont get on sodium,rather like you and the eyeliner boy eh ?:rolleyes: :)

That's true Buzzer I suppose although I dont mind eyeliner boy, we were just having a jibe at each other coz he slagged Bob and the boys and appearently i slagged off Duran.

I presume you'll be centre front for Moz ? :D

with your aul mate p of course..........:rolleyes:

tickets 39.50 go on sale sat march 2oth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

It's looking almost certain tha it will be Sack, Pony Club and the Great Dave Couse from A House. Miss this at your peril

you hear this about the support ?:confused:

sounds too good to be true!:rolleyes:

those tickets are now on sale,a week early !!

www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

thanks for the heads up there mr buzzerbuckley. just got mine a sec ago.

there dead air..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

Originally posted by Punchbowl
    It's looking almost certain tha it will be Sack, Pony Club and the Great Dave Couse from A House. Miss this at your peril

3 support bands and the doors (gates) open at 7. So Morrissey will have probably 20 mins to play.

whats the venue curfew. 10:30 or 11pm? I remember seeing Muse/the Hives there and it was over early enough. The Revs were playing as well and it opened about half 5 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

yes it is the heineken green enegy festival, and yes, the cure will be playing the next night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

where did ya hear that magpie, their site says nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Let's just say it's the 'word on the street' at Heineken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

i'll buy that if only to believe im going to see the cure on June 6th!!!:D

Originally posted by magpie
    yes it is the heineken green enegy festival, and yes, the cure will be playing the next night.

MCD would be shooting themselves in the foot a little if they put The Cure on the same night as Iggy and the Stooges. I know a lot of people who would go to both.

I do hope you are in the know though Magpie, because it would be a dam sight better to see the Cure in the Olympia than at fu*k*ng Witnness/Oxegen.

seems like the cure and morrissey will share the same stage at glasto in the summer sodium......

Originally posted by buzzerbuckley
    seems like the cure and morrissey will share the same stage at glasto in the summer sodium......

Nope Buzzer, The Cure definitely aint playing Glasto this year (straight from the horses mouth Mr. Smith at London Barfly gig, 2 weeks ago.)

Since all the main headliners seem to be announced for Heineken thingy, doesnt look like they're playing that either....I've said it before and I'll say it again....My guess is they'll play a date in late summer/early autumn to promote the new album, out in June, which would be far better than any of these crappy festivals :) The Cure live are an experience to behold (i've seen em 9 times now :) ) and not one to share with a group of pissed culchies in a field in Kildare or otherwise. Only for Bowie/Goldfrapp/PJ are playing Witnness I wouldnt be considering going.

gig in the castle has now sold out.

so much for the power of Supergrass across the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

tagging onto this thread in the hope that someone will post "tickets back on sale" in the coming weeks and i'll get an alert. Although I think the support is only very average I don't think much of Sack or Dave Cousse. I don't know Pony Club at all. I saw Morrissey in '99 supported by Sack. He seems to like getting his old buddies back since Pony Club supported him before too, right......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I quite like the Pony Club. They remind me of Blur......I don't know why though, I don't know much of Blur's stuff and Pony Club probably don't sound anything like them and you'll all laugh at me, but they just reminded me of them, that's all.
    :confused::D:confused::D
    xxx me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

that new Pony Club album is really good. playing the Hub on the 10th i think which should be goodo...can't remember if i've seen them play before. did they play one of the Moz Ambassador gigs? maybe it was at that.

Advertisement