Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placebo not playing ireland

• 05-03-2004 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

After waiting for several months, counting the days, waiting for the tour section to be updated, i fail to see any irish dates in this so called "European Tour".
    After several failed attempts to contact the band and the managment ive set up a petition, Sign it, if you feel that placebo should play ireland, the final result will be forwarded onto placebos personal mangment and the record company.
    May not work, but MIGHT.

http://www.petitiononline.com/p2654p/petition.html
    please include location.

if you do not like placebo, then please dont post knocking off the idea.
    ThankYou

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Maybe they didn't make enough dough the last times they played here? Tho I think 2 sold out shows night after night would make some money! (Not counting Witnness). Will probably sign it later if I can be arsed to click on the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Their Witnness appearance a few years back was piss poor, compared to their Olympia show a couple of years previous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

the Olympia was good except for the "Hey bouncer leave that kid alone!" bit, which had me and my mate cringing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

LOL! That was hillarious! :D:D Don't forget the stage roof starting to fall in during the start of Spite and Malice on the first night....! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- I forgot about that :D - I was very sour about that 'bouncer' thing as I had spent ages persuading a friend of mine to come with me . I was going to gigs on my own cos none of my friends were really into the same music as me, and was delighted when I managed to persuade him that Placebo weren't a band for kids. Then that happened and I started going to gigs on my own again:rolleyes:

I'm not going to go on another 'Placebo have lost it rant' despite the temptation -already discussed in another thread. However, I know they are releasing a live DVD so I would be surprised if they don;t come over here either solo or as part of the Oxygen ival this summer(I took out the fest as the lineup hardly makes one).

Neil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

They are playing australia when oxygen is on, i think.
    Plus they didnt play on the release of an album and 4 singles, what makes you think they will on a dvd ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Placebo won't be playing oxegen they're playing the forestglade festival in Austria that weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

Well I dont think that the all dates for the European tour are set yet so there is maybe still hope. I ordered the live dvd anyways so I will be satisfied for a few weeks.

Advertisement