Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with moving computer favourites

Options
  • 05-03-2004 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I've contracted a virus and i've been told to re-install everything from scratch...which means im loosing everything i had....in that case it there anyway i can save my favourites before i close it down?
    I know i can go through each individual item in every folder, but thats gonna take a while -any quicker solutions?
    cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

If it's just the Favourites from Internet Explorer that you're after try this.....

In IE, click File...Import and Export.. click Next, choose Export Favourites..choose the folder you'd like to save (don't change the default if you want to save the entire list). On the next screen choose "Export to a file or address" and pick a location on your hard disk - floppy ip you prefer and then click "Finish".

This will create a file called "bookmark.htm" than you can then Inport (using teh same procedure as above) to restore all your favs.

You can also use the same process to save your cookies (handy if you browser Amazon a lot).

If its any help, and you know the virus that you have, try Trend Micro - they have a free on-line virus scanner (tells you what you have) and free cleaning tools for most of the common virsus(is that spelt right?)

Good luck!

P.S. If your browser is different or your after Favourites from somewhere else let me know - I know the solutions for most...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This forum is NOT for technical issues, you've already been told this. READ other posters next time.

One week ban for rge and post moved to Security.

[EDIT]Sorry dogs, spod, I should have moved this to Windows.[/EDIT]

Advertisement