Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

gps systems

Options
  • 06-03-2004 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

just wondering im looking into getting one for my car . can anyone recommend a kit that would be good that would have irish maps for dublin city / cork /limerick /galway / and most importantly the rest of ireland .

also where i could get it would be good or what map packs i should get with it ? and where i can get them

ive heard tomtom mentioned but do they do a irish map version ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I saw one in a taxi the other week, the driver said that he got it from a company called Sat Nav (I think) out near the Mad Cow Roundabout on the Naas Road.

I think he paid about 600 for it, its a bit hazy tbh.

AFAIK most navigation systems only cover the major cities, Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, and are useless once you get outside of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

I am currently using a Magellan Sportrak map, I use it for navigation around Ireland and is pretty damn good, you can get mapsend street software for all the major cities and towns in Ireland.

The Car mount is okay and I mounted is to the right of the steering wheel so I don’t have to look too much or take my eyes of the road.

The whole set-up cost 249 dollars via e-bay and is great not just for the car I would 100% recommend as it would rival anything on the market here.

Advertisement