Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connectors

Options
  • 06-03-2004 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Is there any device known to man that will accept a 3.5mm jack for input and accept a 3.5mm jack for output? And doesn't cost more than €10. This would save me €300 on an av receiver, that I don't really need.

Here's the connector I'm thinking of:

sound direction
    >

sound source............................................................................receiving sound (computer speakers)
    3.5mm male end
    > female end [adaptor] female end <
    3.5mm male end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=256539

Part CN02234 is a 3.5mm socket to 3.5mm socket stereo adapter. Cost is Stg0.37 each (about EU0.50). CPC's handling charge for orders under EU25 is EU5.00, but you should find it pretty easy to add some other A/V bits and pieces to the order to make it worth your while. (They do a wide range of A/V cables, adapters, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

What i'm using at the minute is 1 to 2 way adapter. Let me explain, its normally used for where you have one female output, and want two sets of head phones, but if you just plug in a male <-> male wire in one side, and headphones (or indeed another male<->male wire), and don't plug it into anything, it just joins the two.
    JUnclear i know.
    |
    |
    / \
    |. .|
    |. .|

looks kinda like that, they're about ~€2 in any electrical shop, but the quality may not be the best, cuz thats what they're not designesd for.

edit:
    I didn't realise the link you posted was so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thanks tenshot! :) Exactly what I wanted.

...Cornflake, are you sure that idea works? If it does, that just might be the ticket as those types of connectors are everywhere. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Yup, its what i use. i have a spare male <-> male cable, its handy for the computers in collage, they're on the ground so normal headphones aren't long enough to reach, so its basicallt an extension cable. Works well, i've no complaints with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Tried it myself and it works well, well done Explsv_Cornflk:) :):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement