Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD at the market

• 06-03-2004 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Every Sunday at the Windor market in Tallaght there's a stall there that sells various brands of DVD's (DVD-R, DVD+R etc) at good prices. I got a spindle of 25 Goallover dvd-r's 4x for €30. They work well in my iomega super dvd and I think that's a good price so I'm passing it along to y'all. No p&p and if you have a problem just go back and you'll get a refund or you can get another brand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jollyrog

I have also used these disc's and they are top class. They have the same dye as
    ritek use (go4).The people who sell them in the Sunday market also have a shop
    in Tallaght (tel 01 4627511) and I purchased 100 discs and 100 dvd cases for €120.

Cheers

Jollyrog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Roshomon

Jollyrog,

Where is this shop pls, or do you have to ring them up and arrange the sale?

Cheers,

Rosh

If you ring them they will give you directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 gadget junkie

I bought 25 of the goallover DVD -R's for 25 euros at this market on Sunday 7th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

must head back there if price has gone down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Ahem,

Now is it just me or did anyone else notice that? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by Samba
    Ahem,

Now is it just me or did anyone else notice that? :)

Um - notice what?

What price if you know are the DVD+R. And does anyone know why they
    are so much more expensive than the -R. My burner only takes +R.
    ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Where's Windor market in Tallaght? Might have to head out on Sunday.

Windsor market is in cookstown ind est just off the belgard road.
    Also I purchased a Pioneer 107 from them yesterday and it is burning the
    goallover 4x discs at 8x and no problems on playback.

Jolly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

how much for the 107?

• Advertisement

They charged me €169 with the firmware flashed, and in reply to 1 of the above
    about dvd+r says on the price list from €1

Well,

Just looked sus, like someone was trying to promote a certain shop, lets say, I ain't accusing anyone, tis why i asked, had the thought crossed anyones mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Well,

Just looked sus, like someone was trying to promote a certain shop, lets say, I ain't accusing anyone, tis why i asked, had the thought crossed anyones mind.

Just a little
    I actually thought it may have been locked by the time I got to the end of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Samba, gerire, reckon there's a bit of paranoia there boys/girls... Look at the number of UK sites that get plugs all the time for DVD's etc. Reckon maybe someones promoting them too? Get the FBI onto it.

Sheesh.

O.k,

Just to get things straight I was not talking about you, have a look at Jollyrog's contribution to boards so far, the only contribution is on this thread and you tell me I am being paranoid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

O.k,

Just to get things straight I was not talking about you, have a look at Jollyrog's contribution to boards so far, the only contribution is on this thread and you tell me I am being paranoid?

Ah to be fair Samba, Jollyrog did post on another thread - but it was to 'advertise' the exact same thing he did on this one! :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140492&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

Samba,

The only reason I sighed up to the boards was because I saw this trend and had
    some extra info which I thought might save you all some cash. As alleepally pointed
    out you have to mention a name or it would be pointless for us to post here.
    Anyway just for the record when I told the owner about the trend on here and He
    said if any members mention boards.ie he would give them a discount.
    But if there is a problem posting bargains on here then I will make this my last post.

Cheers

Jollyrog

Fair enough Jollyrog,

Everyone wants to hear about a good deal, heh, it's just you made it sound like a PC world Customer quote :)

I am even tempted myself to be perfectly honest.

so in short, you are 'involved' with this company? There is no harm at all in letting us know about a good deal, the problem is where do you draw the line? Im no admin and this thread has been left open..so obviously they don't seem to mind they are the only people you need to worry about, not me ;)

Oh I wanted to ask you about the 107 firmware upgrade, is that official firmware?

If not, the guarantee is void :/

Advertisement