Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get rid of Spykiller

Options
  • 06-03-2004 6:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Running Xp-pro sp1
    Downloaded spykiller to check if I had any spyware, after I had finished I deleted the program. The problem is when I open my broswer it also brings up a window directing you to their site to purchase it and also when you start windows it brings up a pop up saying you have to buy it.Used reg crawl but nothing found and cannot see the program installed in my control panel, any ideas?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

an anti spyware program that installs the stuff its ment to delete lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

Did you remove the program the correct way, via add/remove programs? Did it succeed or did any errors pop up? huh.gif

Try removing any folders related to the anti spy application in your programs folder. Then you will need to edit the registry to remove any links/details about that particular application. A search on Microsoft Support should be in order. 'how to manually uninstall an application'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

How to Uninstall Programs Manually wink.gif

I haven't tried that procedure yet myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Will give it ago
    Cheers

Advertisement