Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Cholesterol Diet - A Good One

• 06-03-2004 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone advise a good L.Ch. Diet that tells you what to eat for brek, lunch and dinner as well as those no no foods.Is there a good website as well as a good book to buy.
    I know more exercise is a must but i would like to get the basics right and not have to think at every meal what is and isn't good.

Thanks,

liz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Lots of schools of thought on the subject. Some refer to saturated fat, others refer to high insulin levels. Visit your doctor to get cholestorol lowering drugs, they're the most effective thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I'd start at www.irishheart.ie

They have a page on good & bad foods for cholesterol. Just select it from the drop-down menu on the top of their main page.

I believe these new stanol-based products (like Benecol, and Flora's equivalent) really do have a good effect. Pricey though!

If you have serious cholesterol problems, then definitely get your GP to help (either with drugs or a reference to a dietician).

If you're doing "preventive maintenance" get a cholesterol check anyway.

Advertisement