Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Everything Slllllllooooooooow Again Today?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

DEJAVo - its happening aGa!n.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Placebo
    DEJAVo - its happening aGa!n.

aye really slow today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

utv speed is all over the place today. Getting 50k one sec, 350 the next, back to 30k, 180k, etc... real pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

I have been away for a week, the speed was all over the place early last week 1k to 40k. Reported problem by Phone and e-mail. Got back from UK today and system is still total rubbish 1K to 54k. I am strongly thinking of dumping UTV because I have only really had one month of reliable service (18 Dec to 17 Jan ) since I joined in December. I was also promised a rebate of €8.00 compensation for lack of service in January but still have not got that.... because of all this I can't recommend UTV Clicksilver even at €29.99. This is a pity as the service was very good for the first month. What has gone wrong??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Where are you? The Clicksilver speed has been pretty good for me recently and there have been no general reports here or in the support group of poor speeds AFAIK. (When I posted something similar before I had soon had speed problems so heres hoping!!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the utv network has never really been reliable ever, I used their 56kdialup for a while a few years ago and it was awfull to say the least, on isdn it was even worse, for broadband I would highly recommend either eircom or esatbt/iol because their services are stable, good quality networks for both downloaders, surfers and gamers alike. I wouldnt recommend utv clicksilver to my worst enemy for the time being (awfull pings, low unpredictable download/surfing speeds, frequent blackouts/disconnections) , the amount of complaints on these boards over past several months regarding utv clicksilver proves this. UTV need to seriously take a look at their network and fix it fast if they are to be taken seriously anymore, I really hope they do get on top of it because this country needs more high quality competitors to eircom. Btw is the UTV clicksilver service in Northern Ireland also suffering the same problems or is it just the southern version?

Hi I'm in Dublin 16 (Knocklyon area)

I've been on to UTV again just now and they are going to do a line test (This was supposed to have been done last week) It Takes Eircon 5 wkg days to do that so the whole thing is a bit of a joke. A line test can be done by BT in NI within a few hours. It is most unfortunate that NTL won't bring cable across the road to my house because this whole UTV thing is a real pain in the Ar*e..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Btw is the UTV clicksilver service in Northern Ireland also suffering the same problems or is it just the southern version?

There are rarely any contributors to the support group from NI so I suppose that means they never have any problems up there!! and besides the Clicksilver in NI would be a totally different product.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

reason for very few complaints in northern ireland cud be that they got loads of choices in the north with superior dsl networks like Freeserve, nildram, btyahoo, jolt, telewest and many more just as any other part of the uk, i doubt very much that clicksilver would be the first isp of choice for many broadband users there, I would imagine utv clicksilver have a greater grib of the broadband market down here in southern Ireland as we really only have 2 other main providers excluding netsource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

i doubt very much that clicksilver would be the first isp of choice for many broadband users there

Why? & BTW your other posts are full of inaccuracies and sweeping statements too. Are you an eircon muppet?

• Advertisement

The whole system seems to have died again between 7:30 and 8:40pm seems ok now but will it still be there in an hours time so my sprog can get her coursework pdf's down? maybe or maybe not!!

Advertisement