Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WMXX update (will contain spoilers due to updates)

• 06-03-2004 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Heres the follow up guys. The last major wrestlemania thread I posted was lost like 3 pages back so whats say we just start up again.

Ive included a poll this time (as requested) to see what matches everyone is psyked up about, so vote for your favourite matches....

Heres wot we'lll be getting excited about (hopefully) this day next week:

===============================

MAIN EVENT(RAW);
    Worlds Heavyweight title Triple Threat Match:
    Chris Benoit V (champion)HHH V Shawn Michaels

MAIN EVENT(Smackdown!):
    WWE Title match:
    (champion)Eddie Gurrerio V Kurt Angle

Interpromotional Grudge Match:
    Goldberg V Brock Lesner w/ Special Guest Ref. Steve Austin

Interpromotional Evening gown Match;
    Raw's Miss Jacky Gayda & Stacy Kiebler V Smackdown!'s Sable & Torrie Wilson

Interpromotional Grudge Match:
    Kane V The Undertaker

US Title Match:
    John Cena V (champion)The Big Show

Tag Team Handy-cap Grudge match:
    The Rock and Sock connection V Evolution's Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Ortan

First Ever Cruiserweight Open:
    (champion)Chavo Gurrerio defends agest the possibilities of:
    Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragoon, Tagiri, Akio, Sakoda, Nunzio, Billy Kidman, Jamie Noble & Paul London

Womens title Match:
    Molly Holly V (champion) Victoria
    Advaced Stipulation: If Mollly does not regain the title, she has to have her head shaved.

RAW Tag Team Titles 4 corners match:
    (champion)RVD & Booker T V Jindrake & Cade V LaRessistance V (either Dudleys or Val Venis and Storm)

RAW Grudge Match:
    Chris Jericho V Christian

=====================================

Hanza

Which match do you want to see the most? 17 votes

Worlds Heavyweight title Triple Threat Match: Chris Benoit V (champion)HHH V Shawn Michaels
    0% 0 votes
    WWE Title match: (champion)Eddie Gurrerio V Kurt Angle
    11% 2 votes
    Interpromotional Grudge Match: Goldberg V Brock Lesner w/ Special Guest Ref. Steve Austin
    17% 3 votes
    Evening gown Match; Raw's Miss Jacky Gayda & Stacy Kiebler V Smackdown!'s Sable & Torrie Wilson
    29% 5 votes
    Interpromotional Grudge Match: Kane V The Undertaker
    0% 0 votes
    US Title Match: John Cena V (champion)The Big Show
    5% 1 vote
    Tag Team Handy-cap Grudge match: The Rock and Sock connection V Evolution's Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Ortan
    0% 0 votes
    (champion)Chavo Gurrerio V possibilities of: Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragoon, Tagiri, Akio, Sakoda, Nunzio, Billy Kidman, Jamie Noble & Paul London
    17% 3 votes
    Womens title Match: Molly Holly V (champion) Victoria
    17% 3 votes
    RAW Grudge Match: Chris Jericho V Christian
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cruiserweight match for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Is it just me or is that a pretty poor lineup for wrestlemania, i was expecting wam bam whiizz bang matches to jump out at me, but no these dont, kurt angle eddie gurrero seems to be the one outstanding match on the card

How there going to fill 5 hours with this drivel i dont know

Sigh i was so looking forward to this and all

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Card looks fantastic to me, what more do you want shinzon??

One thing though does anyone know which match will be the main event??
    Do they usually do a face win in the main event??

jericho vs christian i'd say will suck as nobody really cares, same for me with women's match.

Also are we sure it's gonna be five hours of actual show??not heat and looking back at past WM's or anything??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I was thinking earlier when they were running down the card on Raw that this PPV looks really really good. There's about 4 or 5 matches that could easily main event a normal PPV.

Matches I'm most looking forward to are:
    Triple H/Michaels/Benoit
    Cruiserweight Battle Royal
    Undertaker/Kane (not the actual match, but I am excited to see how they'll bring Taker back)
    Even the Goldberg/Lesnar match looks like it'll be entertaining.

The Angle/Guerrero feud hasn't really hooked me in, though no doubt it'll be a very good match. Plus it'll be nice to see The Rock n Sock Connection back together though I would've preferred Foley/Orton one on one.

Hell, even the undercard looks interesting enough.

EDIT: apart from the crappy Evening Gown match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Looks brilliant i can't wait for Mania its gonna be savage. I do agree that the womens match will probably suck but 10 out of 11 aint bad i suppose.
    Can't wait for Taker v Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Come on Bill.

Jericho and Christian will be the shiznid.

Victoria has been very good reciently, and how skimpy have her outfits been. How hot is she? Match however... emp? Wait and see, could be ok...

Last years WM say one of the best womens matches of all time. Voted 4th best match that night. I am all for the womens division, Not cos of equality or womens rights. I have seen them put on good mathes. And their good match/bad match ratio is more positive then the guys on Raw. Who wants to see Rene Duprees fagg*t dance of death? No me...

I am lookn forward to Eddie and Kurt, but role on the Cruiser weight open... better update the post also. Some of it has alraedy been altered.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 nitemonkey04

this years MANIA is going to be the best ever ! i don't care what anybody
    else thinks
    every match on the card is going to rule. The lesner vs goldberg w/stone cold
    special ref will be so cool i wonder what austin will do in that match
    and NOT FORGETTING TAKERS RETURN OH YEAH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by smiaras
    What format is the cruiserweight open going to take. One on one, battle royal, any guesses?

They said it was going to be an Elimination match, so I'd say they'll just have all the guys in the ring at once, whoever's pinned leaves the match, last man standing wins, simple as that. I think that's the best possible kind of match they could have for the cruiserweights, as it gives the chance for lots of high-flying, multi-person action, and at the end you can have a classic one-on-one match. I have high hopes for this match, if they just let the guys do what they can and not get them to hold back.

• Advertisement

The thing about an elimination match (which I think is the one they're gonna do) is that there'll be a lot of quick eliminations at the start to whittle it down to a manageable amount of wrestlers. 10 guys in a ring will be crowded as hell and might not make for a good match, though I hope they prove me wrong.

I hope it's not a battle royal. That'll just ruin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

There'll more than likely be too many cruiserweights to do it but an elimination chamber (or something to that effect - bigger in this case) would be good. That way you don't have about 10 in the ring at once but it can build up and there will be points in the match where you get a lot of action in the ring so it would be ideal. I think the last time they done it was in Madison Square Garden too but I could be wrong. It would also mean the Cruiserweights would get a decent go at it timewise.

What yas think?

An interesting idea would be to do it similar to a Royal Rumble where a person comes to the ring after every minute, but people are eliminated by pinfall or submission rather than being thrown over the top rope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

For the CW, it'll be WM16 like, where they'll stick em all in the ring, but they'll have to eliminate each other.

And it's not just you, i'm disappointed for an excuse for a lineup for the 20th anniversary show! Just seems like a normal day at the office really with longer hours.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Really gettin psyked now!
    Can't wait.
    Book next monday morning off. Get the beer in before then.
    Ahhh! Life is grand!:D

Looks like i'll be missing it. Another wait for DVD release for me methinks.
    Nero

Um. Why?:confused:
    You want it taped?

No digital TV due to lack of interest and being too much hassle getting all clear from the landlord.

It'd be cool if i can get a taping tho :)
    Nero

5 hrs isn't it?
    Shouldn't be a problem. Two 3hr tapes!

Word of mouth from America, so take it with a pinch of salt:

The open rules will declare this week with all attending cruiserweights in the ring. The rules will be like a four corners or a six pack challenge, but with 10 contenders. Tags can be made by anyone by anyone. Eliminations will be made quickly and will end up with 4 main players left. The reason for the 10 man tag scenerio is so that their will be interuptions due to taunting and so fourth, keeping the action consistant, fast pased and the crowd poping like a virgins cherry :)

I cant wait for it. Every one wants to see Rey go over, but I personally hope Dragon gets it. The man held 9 titles at once, incl. the cruiserweight (WCW) and tripple J Crown. Give him one shot at least. Rey prob will go over due to the fact he has done so much for the company reciently. His matches are statistically proven to be the main draw of smackdown. i know people that hate wrestling but still watch Reys matches.

Hanza

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Gilly2003
    5 hrs isn't it?
    Shouldn't be a problem. Two 3hr tapes!

Long play :)
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Can someone tell me what station mania is on

Sky sports 1 starting at 12:00 midnight!

Im updating the main message...

Cheak page 1

Hanza

Noo, I actually think Nora Greenwald is kinda cute, if anyone should shave the head, it'd be a reason to bring back Linda Miles, then herself and Teddy Long can have a pot the black challenge! Mwhahahah.

Nero

Advertisement